Front Freewheel

ian

hi

i have been thinking about this for a while.

i was tinking of get the tensile uci crnaks with an eno freewheel.

is this a good descission to have a front freewheel and are there any benefits.

and i would also weld up my old deore hub to make it a fixed hub.

thanks ian

Now there are sealed bearing, consistent, well-thought out, high engagement point freewheels on the market it's not such a shitty idea :P

I've just had an Eno on my T-Pro now, and it feels pretty nice. Solid, basically. It skipped like once on the first ride I used it on, but you don't really notice 'cos it goes straight to the next E.P. so you don't feel it, basically. You've got so many clicks per crank rotation it means that you don't really have a chance to feel it. Because of the 6-pawl offset system they're running it's pretty dependable. Back when it was self-unscrewing ACS Claws at the top of the market it was a crappy idea, but with the uber nice Tensiles and the pretty fly Eno, it might be worth it. It means you can get micro gearing to increase clearance and save weight too, if you get one of the fixed hubs on offer now (lighter than the standard welded up hubs?).

Only bother changing though if you really want it, 'cos if you've got a half-decent setup now you might as well just leave it?

i went from an lx hub to a fixed megamo wheel, with tensiles and the trials ENO...that was around a year ago. The freewheel still works fine and it feels stiff and strong, and gives me more bash clearance.

Compared to alot of other choices...it is much cheaper and definitely worth every penny!

adam

i got a full tryall set up and an eno 72ep freewheel.

i have had it for a few weeks now ans its so lush. i went on my mates bike the other day and he has a hope mono and i was shocked about the engagment. for years i bin saying it dont make a difference. well it does.

i love my eno and i want another for my mod aswell.

thechink

Don't.. buy a better hub with a stronger axel etc.. Echo rear fixed hub etc. :-

Sam

If you have to weld your deore out there is nothing wrong with it, good and reliable.

Firstly take the axle out, this should be pretty straight forward. Next you will need a 10mm alen key.

Put this down inside the freehub until it fits in place and loosen the bolt in there. This will allow you to take the freehub off.

All you need to do now is take you freehub along to a welder and ask him to weld along end of it (where there is a space you can see bearings, you will need to take off the rubber seal in order to see the bearings) once he has welded it just file it flush so no bits stick out and pop it all back toether.

Edited by Brisa

If you have to weld your deore out there is nothing wrong with it, good and reliable.

Firstly take the axle out, this should be pretty straight forward. Next you will need a 10mm alen key.

Put this down inside the freehub until it fits in place and loosen the bolt in there. This will allow you to take the freehub off.

All you need to do now is take you freehub along to a welder and ask him to weld along end of it (where there is a space you can see bearings, you will need to take off the rubber seal in order to see the bearings) once he has welded it just file it flush so no bits stick out and pop it all back toether.

Sorry clicked quoate instead of edit :">

Edited by Brisa