Two Freewheels?

Rich Pearson

Jesus did you just not listen or something, I'm saying that its not an egineering impossibility to set up with enough time and calculation, I don't care about all the cons you come out with about the system, I know it would be pointless etc.

I'M JUST SAYING THAT IT COULD BE DONE

You COULD have a huge cock grafted onto your head though, but it'd still not be worth it...

:)

I think this topic is getting out of hand.

Lets face it, theres no point in having two freewheels on a bike, full stop.

The only good way to try something like this out would be this.. get a onza hub with the threads on both sides.. then on the normal side have your fixed cog and ENO up front, then on the smaller side run the "lefty" freewheel from ACS? up on another mod righthand crank and have a fixed cog at the rear?

This way there would be 2 instantly engaging fixed cogs and freewheels where if one skipped the other may save you. At the end of the day its not worth all tha hassle and would be a bitch to setup the chains on each side etc etc

Buy a Profile and relax..

The Onza thread sizes are different on each side though, so it'd be tricky to get hold of the correct sized rear sprocket, basically, which was why I was thinking it might be a whore to actually every achieve it. Also, because it'd be on the left you'd be naturally un-screwing the freewheel every time you pedalled, because the left-side threads are made to be used on the right hand side (you flip the wheel round so you can run BMX-style micro-drive), so it'd undo. Plus, from experience of having to use an mtb r-side crank (with spider) on the left hand side when I was poor and raped my own crank, pedals really do like to undo themselves :huh:\

The Onza thread sizes are different on each side though, so it'd be tricky to get hold of the correct sized rear sprocket, basically, which was why I was thinking it might be a whore to actually every achieve it.  Also, because it'd be on the left you'd be naturally un-screwing the freewheel every time you pedalled, because the left-side threads are made to be used on the right hand side (you flip the wheel round so you can run BMX-style micro-drive), so it'd undo.  Plus, from experience of having to use an mtb r-side crank (with spider) on the left hand side when I was poor and raped my own crank, pedals really do like to undo themselves :huh:\

Well BMX'ers have the lefty setup so there must be some crank available..

But yea we should stop this thread its pointless and gh3y.

you probably dont care i just thought i would let you know i have actually riden a bike with two freehwheels and i think they where both shimano's or dicta's . . well crap ones put it thst way. . .despite the fact the gearing was rediculous . .something like 18:16 it engaged about three days after you kick :huh: ok maybe a bit less but still. . it works. . its just crap!!

Lil Dan