Creative 4 Point Surround Sound

Caleb

Yeah ill go for that sound card if it will work  :closedeyes:

Should it be hard to fit for a begginer, iv only fitted a soundcard before but that was piss.

Thanks alot for the help everyone and especially danny for going totally out of his way for me  :-

It should work fine yea its just a case of removing a blanking plate and whanging it in the slot then installing the drivers :P

No problem its all part of the service :P

It should work fine yea its just a case of removing a blanking plate and whanging it in the slot then installing the drivers :-

No problem its all part of the service :closedeyes:

Make sure you turn the computer off first.

Installing/removing stuff from PCI slots when the computer on tends to cause sparks! Actually take the plug out of the wall too, exspecially if your computer is anything like mine, and it turns itself back on after a power cut. For some reason it thinks that installing a PCI card is the same as recovering from a power cut, and turns the computer back on, Needless to say, it scared the crap out off me the fiirst time it happened!

Yeah i know about turning it fully off and not touching the sensitive part of the card but cheers anyway :closedeyes: .

Also are there any cards that you would reccomend for quality and any that i should stay away from?

Or is it just a case of getting the card with enough ports?

Make sure you turn the computer off first.

Installing/removing stuff from PCI slots when the computer on tends to cause sparks! Actually take the plug out of the wall too, exspecially if your computer is anything like mine, and it turns itself back on after a power cut. For some reason it thinks that installing a PCI card is the same as recovering from a power cut, and turns the computer back on, Needless to say, it scared the crap out off me the fiirst time it happened!

Best off leaving the plug in the wall, but turning the power switch next to if off. That way the computer is still grounded and any static electricity you have built up will discharge to the case and flow away harmlessly.

• 3 weeks later...

Still havent been able to sort them :) tried downloading a lot of the suitable drivers from the creative website but none of them work and think i need the proper driver.

Sny more ideas on where to get/ download this from and would a different soundblaster driver cd work as i know my scholl has a bundle of them :)"