Backwheeling Higher

andyroo

Yeh its all about strong movements, if youre too relaxed or not confident enough then you wont make it, youve just got to believe you can make it and commit all your effort to it (like someone said exagerate more) and make sure you push the bike in front of you as far as you can just before your about to land on the step, this is one of the keys to more height. It does take time and can be very frustrating to learn to backwheel high, but stick at it and you'll surprise yourself at how high you can get :o

pull the bike from under you and push the handle bars forward and pull the backwheel up as far as you can. aim to go over or right ontop of the wall. and as any omoto trials rider'll tell you : its all about confidence self beleif and aiming to get your backwheel over it. :o

ride up to it, and compress your legs and use the spring in them to get the lift, and lean furthur back, i used to be able to do under 3ft with out a front bump. and i found you have to be more relaxed for the bigger steps or you will just end up going to bash. (Y) and lean right back.

I found that having a lower rise stem helps, I seem to be able to lift up more and throw the bike up more than I can with say Brisa elites (very long very wide very up!) So a more streety style set up helps with ups IMO. I still cant do more than 5 pallettes though. I may just post a vid soon you guys so you can give me a hand.

James :ermm: