Tyres Again :p

Mr Dave

however i dont want it to be puncture resistant.

after reading about Fatmikes adventures into the Unknown situation of tubeless tyres, ive decided to have a go. :ermm:

ive got an echo rim, so theres no prob there.

only tyre i can think of is a hot s but there red and not sure about the grip ?

Cheers Dave :lol:

edit: this is rear btw (Y)

Edited by Mr Dave

lol true dude, but you could pump them up to 45psi and it felt like they had 20 psi in them, apparently!!  now thats cool :ermm:

probably because i have a layer of skin that thicker than the sidewalls :lol:

arrgh, I am never using keda tryes again, They slipped on me and nealy caused a broken thumb (2 hours in casualty to find out its just strained). My friends with koxx tryes was gripping like a leach.

Its not fair, I wanted to be the first person to try this tubless on the forum :ermm: but things like wheels still need doing and tyres need getting....ohwell.

I would either choose a maxxis single ply, or if you want a bigger tyre try the schwalbe big betty gooey gluey (un prooven grip though)

I had one of those. It's OK, not amazing grip, but better than some. Certainly alot more than the Continental Vertical I use at the mo. It does, however, wear out super fast, as there isn't alot of height to the tread, and it's fairly soft.

But, the mud resistance is ace. It really gets rid of any mud really quickly, so is good for natural.

Wear rate is crap though. And grips OK, but nothing too special.

Dave

don't the airlights have redicilosly thin sidewalls though, like I am sure I was looking at getting them a couple of years back and read on a couple of xc forums that you could practically see through the sidewalls. Even though you are going tubeless it still might be a good idea to get something with a decent singleply wall, like the maxxis front and rear

mike