Mp3

Mr Dave

(Y) Hey

sorry for another Mp3 player, but mikes one wasnt usefull enough :P

my Minidisc eventually died the other day, and i find it anoying to keep having to change discs

so want to get an Mp3 player :)

i dont have much music, erm 5gb is well over enough, 1gb would proberly be ok, but 5 would be nice

size wise, as small as poss obvisly. need to go in pocket unnoticed if you get me

ive been looking at the creative zen mirco i think its called, i like them, look good.

are they any others ? as i no you people are very knowledgeable when it comes to finding the best product.

the batterty needs to last 8 hours to be honest for when im at work, but definetly no less than 6.

money wise, looking to spend around 170 area, but post all options as if its really worth it i could spend more :P

Cheers very much :)

Dave :)

Edited by Mr Dave

It may not be what your looking for but I got a 512mb Keystick USB one for £40 inc P+P Its got enuff room for all the songs you'll need at that certain time, no batteries required, charges via USB, FM Radio, Voice Recorder and a few other little features. Best thing is it is TINY and a nice red aluminium case.

Im happy with it anyways, Plays MP3 and WMV files aswell.

Olly

Hey, id go for the most common the Ipod mini there realy good i've had mine since september and its been totaly superb, but i agree with you the creative zen mirco looks verry good aswell to be honest there pretty much the same but i think the zen micro would be better if you wher ever to drop it becouse i think they have like a rubber shell. (Y)

Realy its down to your choice.

Richie.

Hey, id go for the most common the Ipod mini there realy good i've had mine since september and its been totaly superb, but i agree with you the creative zen mirco looks verry good aswell to be honest there pretty much the same but i think the zen micro would be better if you wher ever to drop it becouse i think they have like a rubber shell. (Y)

Realy its down to your choice.

Richie.

ipods were just well advertised and 'hyped'

I was reading the reviews on Amazon yesterday for the 2 Zen beasties, Micro (5gb, smaller in size than it's brother) and Touch (20GB)

Have a look on there - some really good things to be aware of. Battery life is very important, and the Touch has 24hrs of battery and Zen 12hr, although in reality people report that it can be less than this if you actually play around with it, flicking through the menus etc.

Check out for yourself via Amazon the difference in price, difference in size, difference in storage and see which is best for you. Will the bigger one fit in your pocket already? They're both £160, so you could say wanting it extra small means you loose 15GB of storage and 12hrs of battery life - I'm coming around to preferring the Touch now! To check the size, you could cut up a bit of wood the right size and try putting it in the pocket of the trousers you intent using.

A bloke at work has just ordered a Touch, so I'll have a good oogle at it tomorrow and be better informed then (Y)

Steve

If no one suggests nything else then the zen micro seems ideal for you, you have the same requirements as me.

I was reading the reviews on Amazon yesterday for the 2 Zen beasties, Micro (5gb, smaller in size than it's brother) and Touch (20GB)

Have a look on there - some really good things to be aware of. Battery life is very important, and the Touch has 24hrs of battery and Zen 12hr, although in reality people report that it can be less than this if you actually play around with it, flicking through the menus etc.

Check out for yourself via Amazon the difference in price, difference in size, difference in storage and see which is best for you. Will the bigger one fit in your pocket already? They're both £160, so you could say wanting it extra small means you loose 15GB of storage and 12hrs of battery life - I'm coming around to preferring the Touch now! To check the size, you could cut up a bit of wood the right size and try putting it in the pocket of the trousers you intent using.

A bloke at work has just ordered a Touch, so I'll have a good oogle at it tomorrow and be better informed then :(

Steve

I just prefered the micro due to it having plenty of spce for my needs and its about the same size as my phone which fits nicely in any of my pockets.

The only thing bothering me is the size of the screen, with my bad eyesight I hope I can read the menu.

Haha just been reading reviews of mp3 players and apparently the ipod is the king despite it having a battery that will cease to work and result in £160 wasted.

Surely that is a seriuos trading standards issue. How can a company sell a product that they know that has a limited working life. Anyone know if this has been raised as if it hasnt I think it should be.

Edited by Michael Hardman

I dunno - if you want something small get a solid state one like a 512Mb jobbie

they all sound pretty similar - they weigh nought and last ages on batteries

the creative micro thingy while nice looking doesnt sound great . . . . which i think is abit pants for a hd / microdrive player.. .. .

not sure what the apple mini is like but the ipod normal sounds pretty good but is abit overpriced - its an apple!!

had a go on a sony hd / micro drive thingy the other day - sounds pretty good - is nice and small - but again probs quite pricy . . .

plus what are you using it for ? ? ? if your gonna ride with it - id recomend a solid state one or a microdrive - as with a hard drive it wont last too well.... as jumping it when its spinning up wont do it much good . . . .

all i can say is mine is abit clumsy ( its a beast ) but its dirt cheap - lasts for ages on the batteries ( which are replaceable - meaning inexpensive if you use it alot ) - sounds fantastic - one of the best ive heard - open source firmware . . . easy to use... its a really old archos jukebox..... plus you could essentially buy a cheap one on ebay (in 6Gb variety) and upgrade to like 40 Gb for a couple of quid on ebuyer with a cheap laptop hard drive . . . .

bonza

RJ

Ive had a Zen Micro since christmas and its been really good, I wanted something that I could have bin my jeans all the time and not know it was there and its great for just that, I have my mp3 and my phone in the same pocket all day and I dont know its there. The player is very good itself and I've dropped it a couple of times and its fine, also comes with more extra bits that the ipod mini, like belt clip etc should you want that kind of stuff. Dont take much notice of the playback time of any of them really, I have mine on random shuffle all the time and I dont think I've ever had anywhere near 12 hours out of it to be honest, unless I just dont realise how long I'm using it for.

Jack

I have been looking at MP3 players recently and didnt want a huge capacity one and i wanted it to have a good battery life so that ruled out the mini ipod 4GB so i was going to go for the Zen Micro 5GB BUT I found out Apple have released a 6GB version of the Mini iPod with up to 18hrs battery life for the same price as the old 4GB one and a new 4GB one thats has the 18hrs battery life and is about £20 cheaper than the 6GB one.

http://www.apple.com/uk/ipodmini/

Dan

Edited by dan_brisa