Splined Bb Length...

Mark W

Ahoy hoy!

I'm currently aiming to buy some Tensiles (maybe) for my T-Pro, but I don't know what BB to get with them. It needs to be 68mm x _ _ _ mm, but I don't know what because I've only ever used splined cranks once before.

I'm running an Eno freewheel too, btw.

Thanks for any help,

Mark.

It's a 68x127.5mm BB, but I didn't know if the length of the actual splines on the crank arm affected it much or...er...whatever :blink:

Is your chainline straight? On my T Pro, with a 12t on the back, musclemans with asc claws on the front on a 127.5 sq taper bb, the freewheel teeth are a few cm across to the right from the teeth on the sproket (which IS on the right way round before anyone suggests it)

I dunno bout marks, but mine is out with my 127.5mm BB, you can see the chain changing direction when it gets to the cog at the back  :blink:

Thats it, have you had any problems with it? Is the bike completely as it was from the shop, or did you putt the larger bb in yourself? if so, what was the original bb size? im guessing 122ish... :angry:

My chain line was wank, 'til I did my right-side crank bolt up to 80N/m (it should theoretically be 35). It's stretched the taper out enough so the crank's far enough up the spindle so the chain-line's almost straight. I only did it 'cos it wore the f**k out of the side of my Eno ring :turned:

It's a b*****d though, BB wise. I *think* 122mm is too narrow, but I just don't know :)

I think I'm gonna try and swipe a Tensile + BB setup at Bike now, seeing as I get paid the Thursday before the show. Moneys = happys.

My chain line was wank, 'til I did my right-side crank bolt up to 80N/m (it should theoretically be 35).  It's stretched the taper out enough so the crank's far enough up the spindle so the chain-line's almost straight.  I only did it 'cos it wore the f**k out of the side of my Eno ring :turned:

It's a b*****d though, BB wise.  I *think* 122mm is too narrow, but I just don't know :)

I think I'm gonna try and swipe a Tensile + BB setup at Bike now, seeing as I get paid the Thursday before the show.  Moneys = happys.

What size bb would you get with the tensiles?

Well i ran a 113mm bb on my old da bomb, which is the same as the t-bird. And, it did actauly fit :) . Sure the cranks hit the stays whenever you applied forse on them, but they fit (Y) .

I am now running 124mm BB on my t-lite, which fits fine, i haven't got loads of room between the stays and the end of my cranks, but its loads enough, so that there wont be any problems. I wouldn't go for anything less than 124, that for me is perfect. My chain is quite close to rubbing on my frame, but it has a few mill clearence. I think the t-pro frame might be slightly wider than my t-lite, so something between 124, and 128 would be good. 126 would be perfect.

:P

Edit: I'm running the 170mm tensiles with an eno. They are the non uci ones. :unsure:

Edited by JT!