Shimano Xtr Levers

rich4130

I'm thinking about getting some new levers, my Avids are fooked.

Shimano XTR's are meant to be good I assume? But someone said they were sprung, how would this effect them, who runs them, anything bad about them?

hmm this is sounding like a very shit topic, I am sorry :turned:

rich

The avid ones are too aren't they? Only very weakly, I wouldn't worry about it! XTRs are nice, not really much better than an XT or SD5 or something for less than half the price though. I just bought an XTR though :">

I run an xtr lever with a dx and even the same shimano booster on the back and its the nicest v brake i've ever used.

Thought i was the only one still running the old school stuff :turned:

I'd deffinaetly get an xtr lever for it, you wont regret it

I've been running an XTR for about a year now - first on an Avid disk (which blew up a couple of days ago :) ) and now on my XTR V. I think it's by far the most comfortable V lever going - more comfortable than any Avid I've used (SD5, 7 and Ultimate).

As for the sprung thing - I wouldn't even think about it to be honest. It feels great imo. :turned:

Edited by UrbanLegend

Im running a pair of them on my bike and id say they are the best lever i have tried, and i think are a lot better than the XT lever i have on my xc. They are very comfy and very smooth.

Benifits over the XT lever...

The leverage adjustment is a lot better and robust compared to the XT also you have continuos adjustment between the limits.

Barrel adjuster is very deep, giving a lot better adjustment.

Lever bar attatchment bolt is imposible to thread, has a very deep 4mm allen whole, like a very large grub screw.

Also look better imo.

Seb