Hook

TomN

Right, been trying to learn hook am not sure if am doing it right when i got into the position my leading foot pedal hits the surface which puts me off unless this is normal. Anyone got any tips?

If you watch any of the videos of the top riders in the world, they all back pedal just before they get to the hooked stage. It could also be 'cos most of them ride UCI so it'd be 1 mark, but still, seems to work for them.

Pull your leading pedal back so it doesn't catch the wall. Go fast, get your weight as far forward and over the bars as possible. Land with front wheel on top of the wall with both brakes on and jump up as quickly as possible. Watch vids of other riders to get the technique into your head. Also, if you can try learning on a sloped wall as its a lot easier :lol:.

I have been learning them today, I eventually managed to get 9 pallets to both wheels, almost to rear.

I think what helped me was going as fast as I dared, its scary but going faster really does help (I like to pedal up btw, not bunnyhop)

Get the front wheel just over the top, that way the pedals dont hit as much, and get all your weight forward!

good luck with them

I have been learning them today, I eventually managed to get 9 pallets to both wheels, almost to rear.

I think what helped me was going as fast as I dared, its scary but going faster really does help (I like to pedal up btw, not bunnyhop)

Get the front wheel just over the top, that way the pedals dont hit as much, and get all your weight forward!

good luck with them

9 f**kin hell!

I'll have a go at 7 when I get a front brake, I reckons there cool....

I've not forgotten your bmx frame thingy btw.