Bike Bonz Levers!

desire68

They look pretty damn nice

bl-1.jpg

But quite expensive like 40 quid for a set.

Never seen any before, so i guess not many people use them. The top one says mag, is that magnesium or for maggies?

Edit: AH HFX mag, must be magnesium :ermm:

Edited by Hobnobs

Designed to give a Stiffer, more positive feel to

your Hayes Hydraulic brakes. Levers to fit...

hayes only :ermm:

yep you can still get 04 maguras, don't know where but somewhere will have one, just ring around or look secondhand, in the for sale/wanted section on here :P

mike

I'm running Magura HS33's front and rear (on mod, although Neil Tunnicliffe does mental gaps to front and ups to front and runs front Magura on stock...), but I think the majority plump for discs up front. If you want the cheaper disc option, you could get an Avid mechanical for £55 from www.supercycles.co.uk, and then maybe an Avid SD7 V-brake lever to go with it. Alternatively, you could try the Hope Trial brake and see how that fares (Y) It's more expensive though, so if money's an issue you could always get the Avid.

Hope Mono Trial 180mm front disc for sure. Awesome front brake. The only disc brake designed with biketrials use in mind.....Says it all really!

The best modulation of any brake I've tried!! Ecellent power and feel, with a nice (but not silly) level of bite. Pretty much impossible to beat in my opinion. Stainless braided hose as standard is reassuring too, mine's taken some serious abuse from stacks and bails and the hose is still as good as new!

Front rim brakes are good, but personally I think they lack the modulation that decent disc brakes offer. There's also the rain issues with rim brakes, discs aren't affected anywhere near as much as rim brakes when it rains, or you go through a puddle (Y).

The best modulation of any brake I've tried!! Ecellent power and feel, with a nice (but not silly) level of bite. Pretty much impossible to beat in my opinion. Stainless braided hose as standard is reassuring too, mine's taken some serious abuse from stacks and bails and the hose is still as good as new!

Hayes HFX-9 Mk2 Downhill comes very close! (Y)

I pretty sure i'm not the only one still running a front V brake.

I have got an Avid SD7 with a Shimano XTR lever, using standard rim wrangler 2 pads which came with it.

It performs superbly, exclent lock and hold, yet still offers modulation for stoppies etc :lol:

My set-up might seem expensive for a v brake, but i would say it performs aswell as alot of disks, so why not splash out?! :P

I pretty sure i'm not the only one still running a front V brake.

I have got an Avid SD7 with a Shimano XTR lever, using standard rim wrangler 2 pads which came with it.

It performs superbly, exclent lock and hold, yet still offers modulation for stoppies etc :lol:

My set-up might seem expensive for a v brake, but i would say it performs aswell as alot of disks, so why not splash out?! :P

Hmmmm what kind of riding do you do? Ive had that setup ALOT of times. Rim wrangler pads, whilst being the best "standard" pad are not powerful enough in my experience. They dont have a good bite and go shitty after a while. Im currently, and have been using for a year, a XT lever, xtr cable xtr caliper and spanish fly pads. Its probably the strongest Vee ive ever used, but some people wont like the slightly mushy feel of the fly pads. The bite is shocking though. It gets to the point where sometimes you cant slow down going down a hill. Every now and again it loses its bite, and I simply spit once either side of the rim, ride round for 2 secs and its bitey again. Ive never cleaned my rim etc

Hope Mono Trial 180mm front disc for sure. Awesome front brake. The only disc brake designed with biketrials use in mind.....Says it all really!

Front rim brakes are good, but personally I think they lack the modulation that decent disc brakes offer. There's also the rain issues with rim brakes, discs aren't affected anywhere near as much as rim brakes when it rains, or you go through a puddle :D.

Dave you scare me, I tried my brother mono trial brake and it scares the hell out of me, too much bite and yes theres alot of modulation but nothing like on my m4.

Hmmmm what kind of riding do you do? Ive had that setup ALOT of times. Rim wrangler pads, whilst being the best "standard" pad are not powerful enough in my experience. They dont have a good bite and go shitty after a while. Im currently, and have been using for a year, a XT lever, xtr cable xtr caliper and spanish fly pads. Its probably the strongest Vee ive ever used, but some people wont like the slightly mushy feel of the fly pads. The bite is shocking though. It gets to the point where sometimes you cant slow down going down a hill. Every now and again it loses its bite, and I simply spit once either side of the rim, ride round for 2 secs and its bitey again. Ive never cleaned my rim etc

I ride Trials...

I do Hampshire comp's and i ride street, oh, and the odd bit of natural, oh, and i went to the local jump spot recently.

I ride pretty much everything you can ride on a Trials bike.

Oh, and anybody who knows me, will tell you i don't clean my bike often.

With a clean rim and pads, my brake is awsome, but as it is dirty, it merely works superbly...

Dave you scare me, I tried my brother mono trial brake and it scares the hell out of me, too much bite and yes theres alot of modulation but nothing like on my m4.

Never heard of getting used to the brake a bit? My mono trials brake felt very spungy first but now when im used to it i dont think about that.