Bloody Computer Games!

Mark W

Ahoy there,

I've got Colin McRae Rally 04 here. I've installed it (took 3 goes), and I'm trying to run it. It does all the intro and stuff and then says "Press Enter to Play". I press enter to play, but then it says "Autoloading Options", then "Loading", the screen flickers and the programme disappears and it goes back to Windows.

Can anyone think might be causing this? (Y)

Mark

EDIT: Turns out it supports all the different versions of my graphics card, apart from the one I have.

Cuntybollocks...

Ahoy there,

I've got Colin McRae Rally 04 here.  I've installed it (took 3 goes), and I'm trying to run it.  It does all the intro and stuff and then says "Press Enter to Play".  I press enter to play, but then it says "Autoloading Options", then "Loading", the screen flickers and the programme disappears and it goes back to Windows.

Can anyone think might be causing this?  (Y)

Mark

EDIT:  Turns out it supports all the different versions of my graphics card, apart from the one I have.

Cuntybollocks...

Get a patch for the game? Get different drivers? Flash the card?

Nah, it just won't take the TNT2 which is (I think) the one I have. In the "Known Issues" section it said people running the TNT2 card would have trouble getting past the Press Enter screen, and described the exact problem I had.

Their solution was "Buy something better than an nVidia GeForce3." So I'm looking at graphics cards, but I haven't got a f**king clue what I can hammer into place. I'm leaning towards the GeForce4 just 'cos it sounds pretty good, and it's only £17.99...