The Future Of Freeridetrials Club

freeridetrials_club

oh, and have you found a place to do the comp in the summer?

if not then my dad co-owns a field (with a rocky bit) in bethesda :blink:

ta

that sounds good but atm we're running under council insurance and that can only cover us for conwy county, as soon as someone takes up the job of getting insurance for the club sorted they can work out with the comp organiser where the best location would be :)

in terms of demo riders i have put 2 down because at the moment i think 2 focussed riders is enough to run a good demo if its properly organised, if the club finds it can run a well structured demo with more than that then great but i think we should learn to ride before we try to jump (if you get what i mean :D )

what does everyone else think about demo riders? i think its important to have a couple of riders who do demos so that they can be more structured, this weekend was fun but didn't get the crowds going that much...

*JUMPS IN

I would like to do Demo and/or comp organiser and Running of regular meetings.

If anyone has objections please say so. I feel rather stupid that I didn't think of this, this is a good idea =8¬) nice one Tom

EDIT- Forgot about the demo riders bit. I think more than two will be needed, but I dont think there is more than two. No more than 4 though in my opinion so....2-3

Edited by PaRtZ

there were a big crowd at a few points in the demo?

i think it would be best going on a roator as in 2 people 30mins, then change for another 2 people?

and as for the comp i didnt ask the farmer about the field as i didnt think it was suitable after further examination.

bethesda has some awsome stuff if we could get insurance.may try the farmers on orme?

*thanks the trials god*

nice one matt, if your happy to organise and run regular meetings then that would be great. now we all know what is involved with the club a bit more maybe we could re run the AGM and see who want what jobs?

also if you want to do demo/event organising then that'd be great.

as far as demo riders go there are in my mind only 2 locals and 2 not so locals who would make good demo riders and two out of that 4 have other sponsorship comitments. i dont mind riding demos but i dont think i make a good demo rider. i'm not going to start putting names down yet but if we're looking for 3 demo riders then i know instantly who my first 2 choices are and after a qucik chat someone about sponsorship stuff i know who i'd have as the third...

there were a big crowd at a few points in the demo?

yes at a few points there were but maybe future ones should run with a schedule, demos at 11, 12, 1, 2 1and 3 o'clock or something similar???

and as for the comp i didnt ask the farmer about the field as i didnt think it was suitable after further examination.

fair enough, i think the option of using the sea defences and prom in rhos is a nice simple option hwoever the harbor master needs contacting. also i know its possibly not going to give us the best natural sections but it'd be a fun location and maybe if we ran our first comp there we could take what we'd learnt from that and make sure our first 100% natural one was a complete success...

using the sea defense would be ok and is good in wet and dry,

plenty of stuff so lots of sections.

im quiet happy makiing sections the day before for all classes i dont think there will be and elite as the rocks arnt big enough :blink:

using the sea defense would be ok and is good in wet and dry,

plenty of stuff so lots of sections.

im quiet happy makiing sections the day before for all classes i dont think there will be and elite as the rocks arnt big enough :blink:

what about if the prom, sea walls, rocks and some of the beams, pallets etc were combined to make crazy elite routes?

i've not got a great idea of what elite is (excpet for bloody stupid) so can't really judge what is elite and what is suicide (if theres a difference)...

i would make some pretty good sections i think...

better than the new tykes ones anyway haha :blink:"

there plenty of stuff to ride for all classes and probs a few for elite but having extra bits coming of it a cool idea :)

i would make some pretty good sections i think...

better than the new tykes ones anyway haha :blink:"

there plenty of stuff to ride for all classes and probs a few for elite but having extra bits coming of it a cool idea :)

fancy the job of demo rig + section designer?

obviously all of these jobs will end up being an all in thing but there needs to be one person in charge of each job to stop the bickering etc and make things run smoother...

You mean like, have (as example) a balancing beam from the top of the wall down directly to the rocks? Yeah thats pretty crazy lol

Think the only problem with that would be permission. Obviously a topic for later discussion but definitley (can never spell that word) something that should happen =8¬)

I also agree with Ducko's idea. 3 days was far too much for anybody to ride solid for. It would need a rota sorting out :blink:

oh yeah, i've just had paule from the council on the phone, she wants to know where all the demo rig stuff is and when we're going to move it. she's being a right moody bitch ATM and we'll all need to get down the hall tommorrow evening to move our stuff into the storage room...

(bloody council)

anyone who feels they (or someone else) would suit any particular job please put the name of the person (real or TF name) and which job they are being put up for, then someone else needs to second them for that job and hey presto its theirs (Y)

please do not put people down for jobs they do not want because they'll only end up doing a crap job of it and stressing the rest of us out :P

righto i'm going to make a few job suggestions after a few little chats i've had with a few people, if the people i suggest don't want to do the jobs then thats fine but i thought to get the ball rolling i'd make the first move so here goes:

comp organisers - ducko and rob

demo organiser - matt (with help from barlow)

liasing with council and sponsors - me

design of sections + demo rigs etc - ducko (with help from barlow)

membership - me

organising and running regular meetings - matt (because he wants to)

demo riders (x2) - matt and will (because neither of them have sponsorship clashes)

media coverage - pete (he's an arty type)

health and safety - bob (he seems to have a mature H+S attitude and understanding)

grant sourcing and applying - ?????

web site design and maintainance - barlow (because his site is great and he mentioned he's not bad at it)

any thoughts on this???

i'm sure there are loads of other jobs that need delegating out but this is the starter list...

remember these are just my thoughts and suggestions that i've put up to be discussed and edited

cheers

tom

Edited by spunkey_monkey_boy

righto i'm going to make a few job suggestions after a few little chats i've had with a few people, if the people i suggest don't want to do the jobs then thats fine but i thought to get the ball rolling i'd make the first move so here goes:

comp organisers - ducko and rob

demo organiser - matt (with help from barlow)

liasing with council and sponsors - me

design of sections + demo rigs etc - ducko (with help from barlow)

membership - me

organising and running regular meetings - matt (because he wants to)

demo riders (x2) - matt and will (because neither of them have sponsorship clashes)

media coverage - pete (he's an arty type)

health and safety - bob (he seems to have a mature H+S attitude and understanding)

grant sourcing and applying - ?????

web site design and maintainance - barlow (because his site is great and he mentioned he's not bad at it)

any thoughts on this???

i'm sure there are loads of other jobs that need delegating out but this is the starter list...

remember these are just my thoughts and suggestions that i've put up to be discussed and edited

cheers

tom

i wouldnt really like to do assist in organisin comps......im happy to be given a job though, i just dont like making phone calls / writing letters e.t.c

Yo Tom.

This is basically what the likes of Tyke trial do, getting people to do separate stuff.

I'd like to do something with section design and laying out sections ect at natural venues and indoor, all it would mean would be coming the day before a comp to lay the sections and make sure everything is safe etc.

I can also help out with a website if nobody else can do it, I'm sure I can squeeze some time in.

Anything else I can do, I'm always available Tom.

Phil.

i wouldnt really like to do assist in organisin comps......im happy to be given a job though, i just dont like making phone calls / writing letters e.t.c

its not about being given a job mate, its about finding your own place within the club and doing that bit well to help the club overall run smoothly...

i'm a bit stcuk trying to find a job that won't need some phone calls/lettres/emails but i'm sure someone will come up with a load of jobs i've missed...

Yo Tom. 

This is basically what the likes of Tyke trial do, getting people to do separate stuff.

I'd like to do something with section design and laying out sections ect at natural venues and indoor, all it would mean would be coming the day before a comp to lay the sections and make sure everything is safe etc.

I can also help out with a website if nobody else can do it, I'm sure I can squeeze some time in.

Anything else I can do, I'm always available Tom.

Phil.

cool phil that'd be great, i was kinda hoping you could cover th newsletter side of things and help out with the comp/demo designs but its all down to what you feel you'd be best at doing...

(off to PM you about something else)

its not about being given a job mate, its about finding your own place within the club and doing that bit well to help the club overall run smoothly...

i'm a bit stcuk trying to find a job that won't need some phone calls/lettres/emails but i'm sure someone will come up with a load of jobs i've missed...

ok tom, im happy to cover the advertising side of things...... posters, leaflets e.tc. aswell as anything else like that