New Leeson Machine

JonPace

i was talking to clive the other night about a super low and long leeson and he's said that he wouldn't want to go any lower than he has on jon's frame and doesn't want to alter the design too much because the leesons handle well the way they are, if he started rising bb's and changing the geo they wouldn't handle like leesons.

he also said he like the fact that leesons look like normal bikes (ie: seat, normal double triangle etc) and for that reason i wouldn't expect to see a uci leeson.

jon - that is pure sex mate, i've been looking foward to the pics since i spoke to clive. nice bike ;)

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice bike there Mr. Jon :)

I don't know how any bike can be called stiff with a spindly-ass seat-post like that, but I'll take your word for it :P  Looks really good though (N)

spindly ass reynolds seatpost (Y)"

i love those forks on that bicycle. looks fit that machine you have there. good job.

john

that is the sweetest cybicle i have seen in a while.....

how much it set you back? and you rekon Mr Clive would do another?

if not ill have to wait for these new curtiss...

ooh another question for the 'leeson heads' will a koxx rear rim fit?

you could ask clive to make sure it fitted if you were to buy a new frame off him as he builds it to suit you.

although i dont think i could fit one enless i ran a tyre the same profile as the rim on my leeson.

so if you bought second hand i would dought it!

that is the sweetest cybicle i have seen in a while.....

how much it set you back? and you rekon Mr Clive would do another?

if not ill have to wait for these new curtiss...

ooh another question for the 'leeson heads' will a koxx rear rim fit?

clive has built a frame that took a koxx rim but he doesn't know if a leeson will take the koxx tyres...

if your buying new then just send him your wheel with the rim/tyre choice and he'll make sure it fits (within reason 'expects some fool to ask for a leeson that'll take a large marge')

i was talking to clive the other night about a super low and long leeson and he's said that he wouldn't want to go any lower than he has on jon's frame and doesn't want to alter the design too much because the leesons handle well the way they are, if he started rising bb's and changing the geo they wouldn't handle like leesons.

Maybe he should make a completely different frame then (Leeson Mk2?), something longer with a high BB, whilst keeping the current Leeson still riding "like a Leeson". Anyway, does Clive know what a Leeson handles like? Maybe he's a trials god... Is Kris Leeson still riding?

Maybe he should make a completely different frame then (Leeson Mk2?), something longer with a high BB, whilst keeping the current Leeson still riding "like a Leeson".  Anyway, does Clive know what a Leeson handles like?  Maybe he's a trials god...  Is Kris Leeson still riding?

I totally agree with you I'd have wanted a longer frame really if I could have say 1065 wheelbase and a slightly higher BB but his jig wouldn't go any longer.

Kris still rides loads yer he was out biking when I went to pick up the frame from clive.

I totally agree with you I'd have wanted a longer frame really if I could have say 1065 wheelbase and a slightly higher BB but his jig wouldn't go any longer.

Kris still rides loads yer he was out biking when I went to pick up the frame from clive.

so, dude whats it like to ride? :blink: