Microsoft Excel

MrMonkey

I need your help. I know what you're thinking, "Where has monkey been, god isn't he sexy" etc etc.

Anyway I have to set up a spreadsheet for IT, and was wondering if someone could give me the basic command line for a V Lookup table or explain how to do it.

Also any ideas on what would be good things to add would be great :ermm:

What is the spreadsheet about?

Have you got dropdown menus?

Thanks,

Callum

EDIT: Right what you do is:

Untitled-1copy.jpg

This is presuming you have dropdown menus or some other form of choosing whatever.

The image above shows a vlookup.

The first grid referance is where the number of the choice the customer or you has made will appear.

The green grid referances are where I selected the table with the item in it.

The last number is the column across it is so say for instance in my spreadsheet (below) you were trying to find the model it would be number 3 but in mine I was looking for the manufacturer so I put in 2.

excel.jpg

That should have either explained it and you get it completly or completly confused you.

If its confused you add me to msn and I will explain better there adress is in my signature

Edited by Has anyone seen my shoe?

This is from memory mate so don't take it as gospel.

The table you wish to look up will have to be named (highlight and name is box at top left then press return).

Then you will need to know the number etc you are looking up. This go's in the top box I believe.

Next box is table array (if not look for table array), in this enter the name of the table, it needs to be exactly right. If right it should confirm it.

Next should be column index number, there you need to enter the number of the column 'in' on the table. Yet again it should confirm.

The last one should be Range lookup. In here just write False.

I hope that works for you, have no way of trying it as I have no excel on this computer.

Ok didn't understand any of that. New question.

I have a line with info in it, but in the cells A5 B5 D5 and E5 I want a macro that will move the info from the sheet it is in to the same cells on another sheet. Could anyone explain how to do this, yes I have googled it so shh. Thanks for any help :S It's urgent needs to be in tomorrow. No-one I know knows how to do it. I'm 10 miles up shit creek with concrete shoes on.

Ok didn't understand any of that. New question.

I have a line with info in it, but in the cells A5 B5 D5 and E5 I want a macro that will move the info from the sheet it is in to the same cells on another sheet. Could anyone explain how to do this, yes I have googled it so shh. Thanks for any help :S It's urgent needs to be in tomorrow. No-one I know knows how to do it. I'm 10 miles up shit creek with concrete shoes on.

Basically, just started a new macro running, and copy and paste the information from sheet to sheet as you normally would. Once you've done that, click stop, and the macro has just recorded everything you've just done on the keyboard and mouse click, and will just repeat it when the macro is run.