What Grinder To Buy?

spunkey_monkey_boy

If your willing to spend a good hour and half grinding your wheel, then get a Dremol ! they'll give you a better more accurate and tidyer finish than and angle grinder and there also Super useful for loads of other stuff, like polishing, drilling, Smoothing in the scratches in your crank arms and bashguard!

But it will take ages to grind a rim with one.

I love dremols, there like Soldiering irons -something you don't perticually need but just got to have! lol

Ry

:huh:

If your willing to spend a good hour and half grinding your wheel, then get a Dremol ! they'll give you a better more accurate and tidyer finish than and angle grinder and there also Super useful for loads of other stuff, like polishing, drilling, Smoothing in the scratches in your crank arms and bashguard!

But it will take ages to grind a rim with one.

I love dremols, there like Soldiering irons -something you don't perticually need but just got to have! lol

Ry

:huh:

hmmm its not really just for me, its going to be for the club so all the club members can use it to grind their rims so i think i'll go for a proper grinder rather than a dremol but thanks anyway :P

Just get down B&Q, argos (just had a look, £15 is the cheapest, or a variable speed one with extra stuff for £25), woolies, car shops, market stalls, theyre all over the place :huh:

EDIT: or if you have a decent drill (like an old style plug into mains one, or a decent battery one) you can get angle grinding attachments methinks, might be worth looking into.

Just get down B&Q, argos (just had a look, £15 is the cheapest, or a variable speed one with extra stuff for £25), woolies, car shops, market stalls, theyre all over the place :huh:

EDIT: or if you have a decent drill (like an old style plug into mains one, or a decent battery one) you can get angle grinding attachments methinks, might be worth looking into.

ahha thank you very much, yes i do have a very good drill so maybe i'll just buy the attachment...

cheers tom :P

where did you find one for £15? i've searched online and couldn't find any for less than £50 other than the cheapies on ebay :P

Edited by spunkey_monkey_boy

dont worry about the power to much tom just make sure you buy a good disk ive been using a few diffrent ones i think the stone is best but a metal one was also good?

make sure you geta good technique going aswell (Y)