Just Had My 1st Ride On Margrett

MADBob

Margrett :) (2005 T Mag) only arrived yesterday and she seems to ride quite well despite teething problems...

1) needed to true rear wheel as soon as she came out of the box.

2) within the 1st hour riding, her rear hub came loose and needed the cones (yes cones :)) tightening.

3) left pedal very suddenly came loose and almost lost bearings, ending the ride.

Fortunately I know how to fix these little problems and have done, but surely you would expect a brand spanking new bike to run for more than an hour before needing a service? :)"

Anyway I've been riding Bo (Zoo Boa) for a while now and Margrett is my 1st mod bike, but It feels like the bars are too high and too close. SOoo.. can someone recommend a lower, possibly longer stem than the one which comes standard?

Cheers.

Edited by MADBob

Yeah. Anything other than the standard Onza bars. I just don't like the feel of 'em at all. Why not try something like the ZOO! bar 'n' stem, or the ZOO! risers in a Team stem, or the lovely Onza carbon fibre bars and a ZOO! stem or something?

Either way, it might just be that you need to get used to the different feel of the bike, really. You need to get used to the way that a mod will make you ride; most stock riders who go to mod seem to have the front end super high for everything, making it feel like a dog. You just need to learn how to ride it best, really, so it could just be that you need to get used to it :)

Anyway, parts wise - it's probably just 'cos it's all bedding in? I know I had to fag about with my headset quite a bit at first when it was all bedding in, and it's been the same with almost every part I've used really with a few exceptions. The spec of the T-Mag isn't super high, I *Think* a lot's open bearing (depending on spec?), so it's not going to be super tight like a decent quality sealed set-up would be.

Just give it a good going over and it should do you pretty well :)

Mark

The ZOO! stem is rockingly low - waaaaaay too low for me. It lowered my bar height by about an inch and a half to two inches: too much for my liking. Got 'em at about 38" now and it feels super good :) (That's with a T-Master stem and Pazzaz CF risers, by the way)

Had a proper ride on her today and she's sex on wheels :turned:

Maybe its a mod thing, but she sits on the back wheel really well...

Liking it so far, and should be mint once I get lower bar/stem, probably zoo! stem and... something (N)

Edit: Kept secret cos people always want to ride new bikes.... (Y) (ahah ha ha .. um >_<)

Edited by MADBob