Black Paint For Tyres

Mr Motivator

I dont know if Sharpie brand markers are available in Europe, ubt you can buy big ones with a paint-like substance inside. They work well for that kind of thing and are very permanent.

Humm they sound intresting from there site :-

and don't have the gash purple shine of marker pen :blink:

ebay is you friend (Y)"

Eco-tec seems to get off most things. It took the white michelin writing off the side of my...well...michelin and the same with other tyres. Also takes the colour off from stickers and kiddies coloured saddles and turns your hands white.....eco friendly my ass (Y)

Andy P

what about car tyre blackener?

usually comes in a spray, not sure whether it would contaminate your rim though! it'lll make the black bits even blacker too, and makes the tyres a little bit more water resistant, whereby waterand dirt will fall off easier. Lasts quite some time! The only downside to it, as far as i'm aware is it makes the tyre slightly greasy....

(Y)

If you get that stuff on your rim you will never stop again (well not for some time) It's very very greasy, and hard to not get all over the show, especially in an aerosol. I used marker on mine and it worked for a bit, wears off and looks rubbish though. I think your best bet is some of the solvents names above, covering it up will look wank eventually so just try and get rid of the logo totally if you can be bothered.

James

Go on then, take your tyre off and do it, there will still be residue on your rim once it's refitted.

yeah i agree, it would be very hard to spray onto just your tyres. And if you were to take them off, its sooo greasy it'd probly drip, or you'd transfer the grease with your hands.

maybe it not such a good idea then... :">