God Damn It!

guineasmithpig

hey all. another story of woe (Y)

thought it were about time to change ma bb. so got a new one today. planned on changin it in the mornin. went out ridin this evenin. snapped bb off a drop (bout 6.5ft) resulted in knackered ankle (not broken) puttin me off the bike for at least a week.

oh yeah, and new fattys r ready for collection and fitting

oh yeah, and was sposed to be doin the big oxford ride on monday

ah well, just as ma ridin was gettin better, i'm off the bike, AGAIN!!! is there a trials god? and if so, why does he hate me?

smithy

p.s. mr porter, if i can't get outta ma room on monday, u n sam should definately come by and storm the flat!!!

p.p.s. oh yeah, and just realised the twisting snap of the bb axle has taken a big gash outta the square tapered socket in ma drive side middleburn crank. a successful night overall, i reckon!!

Edited by guineasmithpig

yeah lol stuff like this does happen, just fitted my new xtr carbon booster on, compliments of the gentleman with a snapped ankle, and ive got and ruptured my ligaments in my knee, i cant bloody walk.

p.s we also reckon the xtr booster is passing on pain and destruction. (Y)

Just rest it until sunday afternoon, then see how it feels and give it some light movements. e.g. rotating, pointing your toes that sort of thing.

Then on monday come on the oxford ride with it strapped up and a couple of pain killers.

Dont rest it to much other wise it will go very stiff.

and stop being a girl.

Then on monday come on the oxford ride with it strapped up and a couple of pain killers.

and stop being a girl.

And risk having it permanently knackered (Y)

Unlucky Smithy :S Keep it moving mate, as has been said, and try and include a bit of resistance if you can - something like putting an elastic band (or bands) around the legs on your desk, and then over your foot - pulling against them. Make sure it hurts a little, but not agony/lots of resistance (Y)

cheers for the support guys!

its the same ankle i have sprained twice already! but that was kinda rollin it over, this was just slammed straight into the floor flat footed. didn't even collapse when i landed, just hit the floor standing up!!

ah well...

anyone no a guy called simon lord? he added me on msn sayin he's a physio. anyone got any experience o this guys help? (got my addy of this post)

smithy

yeah it was that crash, but as jix said u will no when it is getting beter. im aloud to walk on it now but i still have a cast on but its one below the knee. if i was you id rest it for a bit then start using it asap because otherwise the muscles and tissues lock up and it hurts trying to move it. get well soon (Y)

cheers for the support guys!

its the same ankle i have sprained twice already!  but that was kinda rollin it over, this was just slammed straight into the floor flat footed.  didn't even collapse when i landed, just hit the floor standing up!!

ah well...

anyone no a guy called simon lord?  he added me on msn sayin he's a physio.  anyone got any experience o this guys help?  (got my addy of this post)

smithy

yeah, he is helping me out with my ankle too (Y)

he should have phoned me today already, maybe he is busy :S

he said to me he would be back on msn on monday (Y)

cheers

Will

:blink: unlucky mate, I fractured my ankle in two places on wednesday night playing rugby, went to hospital thursday and they said come back friday, So i went this morning and they just put a brace on as the fractures arent that big, so they said its best not to have it in a cast as that will weaken it. Which means im gunna strap it up and take a few pain-killers so i can do the tyke trial sunday.

At least with the brace you can take it off and have a shower, when i broke my leg before my feet realy started to stink!

hope it gets better soon buddy.