Why The Public Annoy Me

PaRtZ

OK i was one of the riders at the Llandudno Extravaganza, and i was appalled at the lack of response (my heartbeat was louder than those *****)

To demonstrate why I feel this, heres a video of my highest drop so far. (6ft 5") and just listen to what I got for it.

Clicken sie hier

BTW the "YAAAYYYYY!!" is Tom who was also riding, not a member of crowd

sweeet drop..

but i did a demo yesterday and you had more people watch all your riders than what was at ours.. it got to about 3ish and we all went for a street ride.. hahaa

soo at least you had people there to watch you haha (Y)  :-

i clapped for you matt!

i know what u mean, ive done a couple of demos, i usually commentate for the rest of the lads, hype the crowd up a bit get them involved,

my personal opinion is if u want a reaction fall off knock urself out and have a face with missing teeth covered in blood, that made one lady watching us throw up!! made me feel stupid though, so i know how u feel nadine falling off in front of people

Perhaps they were not unresponsive , but stunned into shocked silence , not daring to break your concentration . Only kiddin ' :blink: , you rode well , some people simply find it hard to express enthusiasm .

Don't forget , from the "outside " trials can be hard to understand . They don't know it's a recognised discipline , and it can be easily misconstrued as agression , showing off or vandalism , take your choice . I've been accused of all .

Edited by Endohopper

Is that a da bomb, if so i give you a big WAYHEY for riding such a great bike.

You were missing a guy on a mike, they get the people ralled up, like at the bikeshow etc.

:blink:

Edited by JT!

I think its just because they were not used to trials as they may not have seen it before. When ive done demos for my local bike shop the crowd never clap either, they just stand and watch, like somebody said, you need a commentator to bring lots of interest to the riding...

i think next time i'll skip riding and try commentating instead to get them hyped a bit more :blink:

there was some wicked riding going down and occasionally the crowd got hyped and made some noise.

well done to everyone who did ride and next time i think we'll have to make it all a bit more structured to get the crowds a bit bigger and more responsive...

The general public have a very poor understanding of trials, to them if it doesn't look impressive, it isn't. As you've said that was the biggest you've ever done (and good for you, keep it up) so you and your mates will understand the balls/effort you put in to do it. However (no offence mate), seeing as that was the first 6.5 footer you've done, the execution and landing was poor, as would it be for most people's first attempt at anything, so the public thought exactly that.

It's hard sometimes I know, but as stated before, ride for yourself, not for the public.

it was very annoying with the public!

i was trying hard to do all my best stuff for them and they were like :blink:

they suck and there old!

i no for a fact myself and some other riders were giving it there all,

still not good enough.....

and yes i do ride for myself but a demo is basically shwoing off and putting on a show :)