Monitor Problem

Dan6061

'ello all.

The computer in my room hasn't been used in quite a while, so i decided to boot it up and clean it up etc.

only problem is that all the colour settings are wrong, red is black, blue is light purple.

The colour settings are set to High (30bit)

But I'm sure it used to be true Colour.

The monitor I'm using is a Packard Bell A926 Monitor.

bit of a long shot but,

does anybody know wjat the problem is? (i've tried google)

I've tried basically everything I can.

and on Macromedis Flash, and MS-Paint all the colours are just blue, black and yellow. same for when I change the Colour Quality.

Can anyone guess the problem?

Cheers in advance (Y)

Sounds like your screen is fooked. Try a different screen on the same PC to check. If it is that, there's probably not much you can do - CRTs like to go different colours before they die. Make sure it's not near any speakers though, and a degauss wouldn't hurt (it'll be on the options for your screen if it's anywhere - press the buttons on the front of your screen).

Sounds like your screen is fooked.  Try a different screen on the same PC to check.  If it is that, there's probably not much you can do - CRTs like to go different colours before they die.  Make sure it's not near any speakers though, and a degauss wouldn't hurt (it'll be on the options for your screen if it's anywhere - press the buttons on the front of your screen).

Just did that earlier today, that monitor worked fine.

Not sure if it has been near any magnets....hasn't to my knowledge.

It used to work fine before...

i'll look for a new monitor...

if the computer hasnt been used in a long time the battery back up would have probably died, if it did then you may have noticed loads of settings thrown out, if this is the case then you could do with reinstalling the software for the graphics card, that would probably sort it.

Have you tried connecting it to the net and going to windows update that may find new software for the graphics card and other important updates.

thats about all i can think of.

Im just gonna leave this post up so you lot can realise how much of a t w a t i was and wrote all this out for nothing :">

catchya later dudes.

Edited by The enchanted broomstick

right, i'm now connected to the net on the computer i'm having the problem with.

HERE is a link to a screenshot of the TF homepage from this computer.

new monitor?

EDIT: Here are the display property settings.

Edit2: k the picturescopme out fine here..new monitor for me ;)

Edited by Dan6061

right, i'm now connected to the net on the computer i'm having the problem with.

HERE is a link to a screenshot of the TF homepage from this computer.

new monitor?

EDIT: Here are the display property settings.

It looks fine to us, because unless you take an actual photo of the monitor, we cant see what youre talking about.

The monitor is f**ked. End of story.

Edited by MonsterJ