Brittish Comp Round 1

I'll be there on Saturday helping out and then attending the meeting in the evening and then most proberly sleeping in my car in a field :)

I shall be riding red route if I get my ass in gear (Y)

Has anyone had their entrys yet ;) i'm still waiting

Posted my BIU application yesterday. Hopefully i'll be able to enter, i really want to! Do i need 6 working gears? (Y) I hate that stupid rule. Please can someone tell me if I need them, or can i get away with singlespeed?

Looking forward to it!

Stan.

Edited by cultiv8ed stan

Posted my BIU application yesterday. Hopefully i'll be able to enter, i really want to! Do i need 6 working gears? (Y) I hate that stupid rule. Please can someone tell me if I need them, or can i get away with singlespeed?

Looking forward to it!

Stan.

If you want to score points then yes you need them ;)

I will be running them but not at free will :)

i was going to have a word with martin hawyes about the 6 gear rule as last year id say at least 50% of riders did not run gears and its stupid?EDIT for us 26" riders to run gears when if your in a section you dont ever think wait a minute, lets change into 6th and get some speed up or even 1st as its a bit steep up there.EDIT You only get done if you get caught with them. its more adement at the worlds as far as im aware but to have the rule put in place it has to go through Japan (Y) so as delegate of tyke trial i might give it a miss in going into all the effort for getting martin to try and then they say no :)

Waynio......................

i think iv filled my entries out just gotta pack em and send em off. hopefully today with 2 cheques too.

Edited by Waynio

I just had to pay £60 to sort my bike out with 6 working gears. And i hate them. I dont really understand that rule and I would support it being changed, even if it is only for british rounds. British trials dont have the stupid ankle shoe rule and if they got rid of the "mountain bikes need 6 working gears" rule it would be more appealing.

Its not as if its an advantage to have one gear, if anything it is a hindering factor.

Right so to clarify this, DO i need 6 working gears then? Im probly going to put them on next week, but i think the rule is absolute S**TE. There is no need for gears on a trials bike in competition "style riding".

Should cya there anyway people :-

stan.

Right so to clarify this, DO i need 6 working gears then? Im probly going to put them on next week, but i think the rule is absolute S**TE. There is no need for gears on a trials bike in competition "style riding".

Should cya there anyway people :-

stan.

YES you need gears if you want to score points

but if your just having a laugh then don't worry about it

they don't check to much but if you get court out they will as you to get them working if they don't (Y)

I'll be there should be good :)

Hopefully i will be riding..

1st ever bigish comp for me..

im quiet scared haha then i cant concentrate  (Y)

does any one have directions? :)

would be a big help seen as iv never been there lol

Cheers Nadine..

Nadine there should be some directions on the back of your entry form :- Brimham rocks is well sign posted in that area though.

Is anyone camping there?

Nadine there should be some directions on the back of your entry form :- Brimham rocks is well sign posted in that area though.

Is anyone camping there?

I shall be there camping (Y) either in a black metro a red disability van on in a big green people carrier I haven't decided what to use yet :D

I will be getting there in evening on saturday so I can attend the Biketrial UK meeting :)

Nadine there should be some directions on the back of your entry form (Y) Brimham rocks is well sign posted in that area though.

Is anyone camping there?

ok thats kool

just one more question. lol will probly sound silly but how do punch cards work iv never riden in a comp with them soo :"> haha..

am gonna be well nervous.. help me out haha :-

you hand your card in when you get to a section, to the observer. Then they will call your name or number when its your turn, you ride the section, they punch the number that you got and give you it back. Do the same at every section and then make sure you hand it in to control at the end.

you hand your card in when you get to a section, to the observer. Then they will call your name or number when its your turn, you ride the section, they punch the number that you got and give you it back. Do the same at every section and then make sure you hand it in to control at the end.

simple as pie then.. lol

cheers for that.. thats what i was most worried about lol

im going to be craping my self haha

not thinking straight, and riding :lol: because my minds thinking about what all the other 30 odd people that are watching are gonna be thinking haha!

ay well gonna have to get one with it

plus my mums coming :lol: bad mistake lol

she'll tel me to watch out for that rock, like she did at one of my other comps :P B)