Calendar Program?

modx-lite

I'm looking for some sort of free calendar program for Windows - something where its just a calendar, but you can add reminders for eah day (something like on a phone).

Would also be nice if it was a Widget so I could have it on my desktop (using Konfabulator atm, and I like the look of the calendar with that, but want to be able to add reminders to each day, which I can then view if I click on that day...)

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Yeah I've got Outlook, I might have a look at that, but really I'd like something that's always on the desktop - so I'm actually always reminded about things. I've tried installing the MOzilla Calendar but can't seem to get it to work (downloaaded the .xpi file but dont have a clue how to then open it (Y) ), but again, I'd rather have soemthing that lives on the desktop if possible....

Yeah I've got Outlook, I might have a look at that, but really I'd like something that's always on the desktop - so I'm actually always reminded about things. I've tried installing the MOzilla Calendar but can't seem to get it to work (downloaaded the .xpi file but dont have a clue how to then open it (Y) ), but again, I'd rather have soemthing that lives on the desktop if possible....

Outlook is ideal by the sounds of it.. use this to minimize it to the system tray

Outlook minimizes to the TaskBar by default. Want to minimize it to the system tray (the right side of the task bar):

Hive: HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Key: Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Preferences

Name: MinToTray

Type: REG_DWORD

Value: 1 = System Tray, 0 = Taskbar

Or this

http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et012405.htm

In outlook you can specify if you want a reminder or not, and how many minutes/hours you want the reminder to be before the event. Then it'll pop up a little window so you wont forget..

OK Cheers Tom, think I'll give Outlook a go.

but when I look in RegEdit, I don't seem to have the 'MinToTray' entry? Also when I try what that website says, I'm confused - it says 'right click on the outlook icon in the system tray' - but isn't the whole point of what it's telling me to do to get it to minimize there?? I'm probably justbeing stupid but I can't din what it seems to be talking about anyway. Any ideas?

(I've got OUtlook 2002 btw)

Thanks again

Sorry - just read another site and its says you need to add a new registry value..

To minimize it to the system tray, start regedit and follow the steps below:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 10.0 \ Outlook \ Preferences

New Data Type: REG_DWORD

Value Name: MinToTray

Data: 1 (0 to disable MinToTray)

Close regedit and your good to go.

From here - http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread699.html

If you dont know, to get to regedit, go start > run, "regedit"

(Y)