Which Cranks: Try-all Or Monty?

pogonation

Which cranks are better: monty x-lite's or try-all's  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which cranks are better: monty x-lite's or try-all's

• Monty x-lite cranks
    • Try-all cranks

I would say Monty although i carnt really say anything about Try-all because i haven't seen anybody ride them but i do now riders that have monty cranks and they never seem to have any problems with them.

Get month cranks (if that is what you are doing the poll for to see what peoples opions are) not to expensive either.

Gaz :S

hahahahha

"all try-all stuff is crap imo"

that makes me laugh............... have you ever ridden with any tryall cranks? have you ever ridden with anything to do with tryall? if so no probs but i very much doubt you have ridden with the try all cranks. the ones that dont bulge look awesum! iv got the bulge cranks and there still as hell. the only thing you have to do (with VP caged pedals) is grind the edge off them.

but to me they have the better looks. they have gone through some pain ne way! to give you an idea on how stiff the try all cranks are, my frame flexes far more than my cranks! and iv got a good 3-4mm clearance each side of b/b and my cranks touch the frame (right foot,mainly when im gapping and putting very extreme pressure through them) the power transfer is excellent on them. now someone say that about some square taper cranks? the new monty ones are isis so maybe the same but i cant say anything bout the monty 1's?the best person on monty cranks would be Chris walker as he has ridden them for the last 2-3years!

Waynio.............................

Yeah iv had a stem that creaked like f**k, my front rim that eggs fairly often , my brothers tyres went bald pretty darn fast, and ive heard nothing but bad remarks about them especially the rear rims.

I was talking about the ones that Dann was selling ages ago not sure if there the same ones your talking about but sound like it.

Yeah iv had a stem that creaked like f**k,

Was that not just you needing to put a spot of grease on the edges of the stem clamp to stop a tiny amount of play in the bars making it creak?

my front rim that eggs fairly often

Decent wheelbuild?

my brothers tyres went bald pretty darn fast,

Soft compound, designed-for-comps tyres? Not surprising?

Anyway, I wouldn't go for either of them. *cough*Tensiles*cough* (N) Only...er...£20-ish more than the Montys but a trillion times better.

Was that not just you needing to put a spot of grease on the edges of the stem clamp to stop a tiny amount of play in the bars making it creak?

Decent wheelbuild?

Soft compound, designed-for-comps tyres?  Not surprising?

Anyway, I wouldn't go for either of them.  *cough*Tensiles*cough* :)  Only...er...£20-ish more than the Montys but a trillion times better.

I wouldn't say a trillion... My montys have lasted almost a year upto yet still going good ( Hopefully (N) )

Cheers

It's got to be Monty's everytime for me. I've had my pair WELL over a year, mabye coming up for two and still no problems with them. Like said before, Try-All stuff generally sucks (my opinion), Rims are crap 'cause they buckle and dent easy (don't say it's the build 'cause it's happened to far too many people I know), I don't personally like the bars one bit and so on. Just get Monty's, you can't beat them!