Born Without A Face...

Siders77

Yeah i've been watching this. Very strange :mellow:

1/10,000 chance of it happening. Nice to see that she's still so happy and playful. All other bodily functions are fine, its just the nose, mouth, ears and eye that are disformed. At least she can have a happy life :S

öhh how the hell is that, possible?

I'm sure it doesn't look too nice, but its really sad when stupid things of that sort happen...

And no, I cant watch the programme because I'm not in the UK, would "like" to , sound interesting in one way

Man, i see that, its soo harsh... i no this isnt nice, and people will have there own views on this, but personally i think keeping her alive is cruel.. theres only so much u can do to fix someone, and she might seem happy now, but thats because she doesnt know any different. when she is older, it will be far far worse for her..

there is so much damage , for cases like that i think there shuld be a proper decision at the time of birth, as to wether the child could lead or progress to an ordanary life. the way they wer sayin that they dont know how much pain she is in just makes it 10 times worse.

If the world thought like that cockend then I guess all the metally disabled people in this world would 'have the right decision' made at birth!!!

Your an older guy and should understand that someday probably not too far from now you will want to make a family. Im sure a thought will appear that it could turn out far from perfect. What are you going to do? Get your own child exterminated? A lifes a life no matter how you look at it!

Edited by Brisa

Man, i see that, its soo harsh... i no this isnt nice, and people will have there own views on this, but personally i think keeping her alive is cruel.. theres only so much u can do to fix someone, and she might seem happy now, but thats because she doesnt know any different. when she is older, it will be far far worse for her..

there is so much damage , for cases like that i think there shuld be a proper decision at the time of birth, as to wether the child could lead or progress to an ordanary life. the way they wer sayin that they dont know how much pain she is in just makes it 10 times worse.

I agree with you for certain situations they should be killed.

If the world thought like that cockend then I guess all the metally disabled people in this world would 'have the right decision' made at birth!!!

Your an older guy and should understand that someday probably not too far from now you will want to make a family. Im sure a thought will appear that it could turn out far from perfect. What are you going to do? Get your own child exterminated? A lifes a life no matter how you look at it!

If you think he's a cockend you sir are an idiot. You are neither mentally or physically handicapped. You do not know how they feel nor is there anyway we can see how some of them feel. If I looked like that or was mentally handicapped where I was a burden on someone's life I would want to be put to rest.

I agree with you for certain situations they should be killed.

If you think he's a cockend you sir are an idiot. You are neither mentally or physically handicapped. You do not know how they feel nor is there anyway we can see how some of them feel. If I looked like that or was mentally handicapped where I was a burden on someone's life I would want to be put to rest.

I don't care for anything you ever post. You also are not in a position to say that.

They have emotions and feelings funny enough as they are human. They love thier parents and family as anyone else does. Do you EVER think how horrible it would be to never see someone you loved again if you were to die?

Wise up, and here... have a 'your a wanker' on me!

That's rediculous suggesting you should kill her/let her die. I'm sure she doesn't wanna die. Click here for info about some other girl with the same problem. She's had a lot of surgery and her face looks ok now, and she's a doctor. I bet she's quite glad that she wasn't killed as a baby...

A lifes a life no matter how you look at it!

Tell us you don't eat meat and you don't beleive in God. Then I may find this statement more credible.

I was born with caterax and have had glasses since age of three as the docs didnt dianoge my blindness until then.

Glasses havent stopped me from enjoying life infact im very pleased with what Ive achieved so far.

I think slightly milky vision is on a whole different scale to having NO FACE!

Dan

Firstly, she's treated more as a pet than a human being. What makes us different to our pets? We communicate with one another. A dog can go "ruff" she can say "gableh" or something. It's the same thing, she plays with her parents like a cat or dog, she gets fed by her parents like a cat or dog, she lives with her parents like a cat or dog. That's it there's no real communication.

God I hate being the only one willing to take flipsides of arguments to create debate.

Didnt see it.. so what she had no nose, eyes or mouth? :turned:

Her eyes were similar to chameleon eyes, she had no nose and her ears were on her jaw line. Her mouth was far far too small and her mandible was similarily structured to that of a small rodent.

Firstly, she's treated more as a pet than a human being. What makes us different to our pets? We communicate with one another. A dog can go "ruff" she can say "gableh" or something. It's the same thing, she plays with her parents like a cat or dog, she gets fed by her parents like a cat or dog, she lives with her parents like a cat or dog. That's it there's no real communication.

God I hate being the only one willing to take flipsides of arguments to create debate.

There is no flipside to the "argument" - youre just posting random ill thought out sentences designed to make people flame war. Has anyone ever seen a better definition of an internet troll than MrMonkey?

I saw bits of that program last night over dinner - was pretty spooky. Its amazing what they can do nowadays though. A lot of people obviously care about her. It made me worry so much about what could go wrong as im one of those people who looks forward to having a family someday.

To all of those who seem to think she should have been killed as soon as it was realised she is disadvantaged like she is - When you get old and can't see, walk or generally be the same as you are now, too old to do 'proper work' then do you think you should be killed off as you arent useful anymore? Thats what I see it as coming down to at the end of the day.

I saw that...and the way I look at it is she is a little girl, a human being, with feelings, emotions, friends and family. She was just born with a rather large difficulty, and she is overcoming it, with the love and support of her family. All this crap about having 'it' killed is BS, people with this condition are human beings, and they deserve a chance to live ordinary lives.

MrMonkey, you are just unbelievably insensitive....that girl is a human being, not an 'it', and she deserves a chance to live a normal life, she shouldn't be killed just because of the way she looks....actually think before you type, dude, it saves a load of arguments......

Liss xxx

Pretty f**ked up then, oh well shit happens, best get on with life.

twat :turned:

I didn't see it but,

If you (sam@southtrials) was in her situation, would you like it if someone just said "oh well shit happens"?

probably not.

sorry, i'm in a moany mood. but still...

Tell us you don't eat meat and you don't beleive in God. Then I may find this statement more credible.

I think slightly milky vision is on a whole different scale to having NO FACE!

Dan

I wasnt comparing I was just staying how I coped, hey I got teased at school ofr having glasses.

Can the little girl not have plastic surgrey when shes more developed

Yeah, she'll most probably have major reconstructive surgery...which is why a lot of us were mad at MrMonkey, for saying how they should just 'kill it'. She'll most likely have the surgery, and get a chance of a normal life.....

Liss xxx

04127134716_tom_juliana.jpg

I cant find a great shot of it... but its something like this. I think you can get some kind of idea what its like.

Its not so much as not having a face but having really exaggerated to almost non existant regions of the face.

04127134927_juliana_bones.jpg

Edit - adding a few quotes here to those that reckon this little girl should have been killed..

"But no matter what, these new parents had a wish. "That if there was something wrong, she wouldn't be alone. We wanted to make sure she felt loved," said Tom, as he began to cry. "She squeezed my hand.""

It's a life-long process that's draining for Tammy and Tom. Even still, they're thankful and full of love for their sweet child.

"God never gives you more than you can handle. I figure she has a lot to show everyone... to show the world," says Tom. Edited by biketrialler