Wavy Discs

Ingram

Hey, Im going to get some wavy discs for my bike when i get payed.

I am very keen to get the Viz discs, Anyway if you know of a company that sells wavy discs please can you let me know, also with a link if posible, Thanks for your time and help. ;) (Y)

P.S Don't want another gothic rotor as i have one on my other bike, Want to be different :S

Thanks again

I hear very good things about Aztec rotors, you can get them from wiggle.

I'm pretty sure they come in a big variety of sizes 160/165, 180/185, 200/203/205 etc.

Tom.

EDIT: Link

Edited by tom!e

Why not get a nice hope/magura rotor and get it machined down by leeson?

i have one on the rear of my dmr and works and looks a charm (Y)

Although i dont think it works any better than any others would, i cant see how it would work if someone could explain would be nice :-

where did that come from (Y)

i am using one i know i am sponsored and stuff, but i wouldnt be using them if they didnt work, they are great rotors lighter then my pervious louis and defiantly work much better even though i am using an RB lever :-

Yes you would  (Y) , surely that's the whole deal with sponsorship, you promote the product

it is the idea, but i wont be happy to promote something that hardly works.

why dont u ask james why hes dissing it if he hasnt used one? as i said mine works better then any other disk i have used and i dont see why it wont in any other case.

Edited by TheChai

I am looking at wavey rotors and I was looking at the rotors from Aztec but The chai has just introduced that viz one which looks really cool (Y) I think im going to buy that one. If not get the Aztec they are soposed to be really nice and they also look pimp.

Viz rotor £25

rotor0yw.jpg

Aztec Rotor £19.99

aztecsswaverotor0zf.jpg

Perm

Edited by bennyboy2005

just things i have heard from a couple of people, and brakes i have felt with the viz rotors on...

alsowhy would you spend £25 more on the viz one, when you can have a aztec one for like £19...

Hmm.. Well I had one on the louise and it was ridiculously powerfull, and Im sire you seen it in action. why pay more? maybe because its stronger? (Y)

Edited by trialsuk

7 spine instead of 6 ( parts the joins from centre of rotor to the brake surface part.)  :-

Splines (Y) Although you'd probably call them arms...

And learn to count Dan :D"

All said, a rotor is a rotor. Heavy ones are stronger, lighter ones are weaker. Straight ones are best. As long as it has holes, your pads wont glaze over (unless theyre foll of poop). Thats all it needs to do really.

I thought the idea of a wavy disc rotor is to stop the pads glazing by giving regular times at which the pads are scraped against a edge of the rotor e.g. a whole or wave. However the Viz rotor still has a large area that the pad would be in constant contact on it on the inner edge of the breaking surface.

So in theory the pads would still glaze, but having not tryed it myself I carn't realy say if its crap or good.

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

Yeah thats the idea. Holes are more effective though - since they can scrape the whole of the pad.. Wavy discs also claim bigger surface area = faster cooling... but once again... more holes has the same effect. And its not really a big issue in trials.

Lets face it, peope buy them cos they 'look better'.

I believe the Italian company 'braking' have the patent on wavy rotors - but they specified internal and external diameters... so companies like viz can use an external-only wavy suface without infringing the patent.

A double-wavy rotor (inside and outer edge) will scrape all of the pad surface if designed correctly.

Splines :turned: Although you'd probably call them arms...

And learn to count Dan  :D"

All said, a rotor is a rotor. Heavy ones are stronger, lighter ones are weaker. Straight ones are best. As long as it has holes, your pads wont glaze over (unless theyre foll of poop). Thats all it needs to do really.

:-" Woops, I ment 8 *Splines* :S B)