Alternate Video Hosting

Sameer

Well according to the other thread, The Shack'll be history soon and so your videos will need a different place to be hosted. The first option people think of is eengoedidee. I'm sure a lot of people are in similar situations where download rates are less than rational (I get less than 4kb/s on a 512kb connection...) and most trials videos are huge in size - so it'd take an age to get a damn video.

So basically, for the time being at least, please use DominateVideos to host them. Registration is free and, as far as I'm aware, there are no size limits etc. so it should be ok. And plus the server isn't mundo slow like eengoedidee, which is nice.

Oh and if anyone knows of any other free video hosting sites, you may as well stick the address in here. :lol:

yeah what happened to google hosting?

I wonder if its possible to use http://www.yousendit.com for hosting too

mike

File Transfer: Completed

Your file has been successfully sent!

We've stored your file on our server and sent your recipient an email with instructions for retrieving it. The file will be available for 7 days or a limited number of downloads.

Here is a link for your reference:

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=33PL34N...AR1DYOQP7TGYHV6

Send another file.

possible but not ideal

Edited by leedstrials

The first option people think of is eengoedidee. I'm sure a lot of people are in similar situations where download rates are less than rational (I get less than 4kb/s on a 512kb connection...) and most trials videos are huge in size - so it'd take an age to get a damn video.

I don't understand that, unless you're exaggerating loads. I get maybe 50kbps on a 3Mb connection. Ok, not as fast as 'shack, but it works.

But this site sounds like a good idea. 20Mb is easily enough for a 2 minute video.

I tried using the google video hosting I uploaded one and had to wait for an email back from them to say ok to share my video but this has been 2 months about and still no reply.

EEn has always been better than shack IMO. I often get 250kb/sec from them.

Google vids hasn't really kicked off yet  :rolleyes:

So im guessing getting in contact with me and informing me why you dislike trials-shack compared to eengoedidee was to much for you?

How can i make something better, if i don't know theres something wrong with it?

Dominatevideos looks pretty decent, lets just hope they havn't made the same mistake i have, and their site certainly doesn't put across that, so good on them.

So im guessing getting in contact with me and informing me why you dislike trials-shack compared to eengoedidee was to much for you?

How can i make something better, if i don't know theres something wrong with it?

When did i say i disslike it? :)

Every time i say that i get better bandwidth from Een rather than TS, people say "well if you don't like trials shack, dont use it them" and other comments like that.

I love trials shack, everyone does. I'm very happy with whatever bandwidth i get for anything so long as it over 60kb/sec, anything more than that's a bonus. I never really saw getting 100kb/sec as a problem at all, that why i didn't inform you. :P

My first post was to defend Een, not to say 'how much i disslike TS'

Edited by JT!