140mm Stock Stem Please

Mr Motivator

Offtopic, but you must ride really weird, 'cos your not *that* tall, and you have a longish bike, with a longish stem, and you still feel it needs to be longer?

Look at really tall guys, on really small bikes, there all fine haha?

Not a dig, it just amuses me..

Ask anal, he had a huge stem on his leeson I seem to remember.

Edit, ahh im a gimp, BB rise etc, didnt notice..

Edited by rich4130

Yeah, flipping BB rise.

A little note to all you who want a new generation trials bike with all this fanny bb rise..

DONT bother. The ONLY advantage is it feels nicer on the backwheel when your on flat ground.

It makes gaps shit, and backwheeling ALOT harder.

Anymore than +20 (which is what my frame is suposed to be, but the fannys at px probably cocked it up and it now has a +45) is just too much.

BB rise :-

Unless you ride A LOT of comps or just like going out in the street doing backhops everyday.

Aren't you getting a RAVen 6.0 :-

That must feel uber short, 45 rise on a 1050, your old Zebdi wasn't that much shorter in terms of reach was it?

Do reputable companies even produce 140mm stems? I think 130 might be the longest you can get . . .

Aren't you getting a RAVen 6.0 :)

That must feel uber short, 45 rise on a 1050, your old Zebdi wasn't that much shorter in terms of reach was it?

Do reputable companies even produce 140mm stems? I think 130 might be the longest you can get . . .

;) Cant be bothered with the raven now I dont think.

I went from a zebdi to this bongo thinking itl be longer, which it is, but doesnt ride longer. :-

Toxsin when I have the mohoney I guess.

I seem to remember the hi-fi stem was that kind of length but it also has lots of rise i think. but its designed for high bb frames too though. also i think onza have a stem like that for their proto frame, not sure its for sale though.

Pete

It makes gaps shit, and backwheeling ALOT harder.

TRA and Marc Vinco seem to do quite well on theirs... Is it not a case of getting used to how best to transfer power through the bike? Since seeing TRA's new vids I'm really liking the idea of trying something similar, just for sh!ts and giggles like.

Dave

i ride an alibongo with a 100mm stem on, and i find no problem with it it rides

perfect easier for sidehops and backwheeling yes gapping is bit harder but still possible. the way ashton said to me last year, they used to ride on the old giants and cannondales which wernt really trials bikes but they managed, i think the alibongo lenght is perfect its not long but not short, id say just ride your bike. ive done my biggest ever back wheels and gaps on the bongo. great frame :-

Ask them, and for backwheeling and gaps, I bet they prefer lower BBs

Vincent did 58" to back wheel the other day on his +40mm BB XTP :- And he can gap alright...

As for stem... do you want 140mm length stem, or 140mm reach?

Vincent did 58" to back wheel the other day on his +40mm BB XTP

exactly that is very high, that shows the high bbs are capable, and most of the +bb frames have been designed by pros - tibo,cassio,vinco, koxx lads, and echo boys. and what was tarts opionion on the tarty bike proto with a high bb rise compared to the standard rex?