Spinning Etc? Errrr How?

tipsy Jock

Heya doods,

I've recently just been having more fun linking stuff together than actually doing say a big gap or a nice up. This is mostly due to being bored and only having a few curbs outside my house lol. The curb vids were a great inspiration except that i struggle with most of the more complex moves in them :wub: The main thing i want to learn is static 360's (not hopping but one big spin from two wheels back to two wheels) I figured then i can use that skill to spin lesser amounts etc. I can pedal hop 180 from two wheels at the mo, and 180 off stuff if that helps (Y)

Any help much appreciated!!

Dont worry about tyre pressures, just preload, lean over the bars, throw your body round and turn your head and look were you want to go and your body shall follow. Then when your vertical, click your hips and spin out the rest whilst lowwering the front.  (Y)

Hmmm thats going to take a while lol, T'is a good thing i have nothing to do until someone wants to employ me :wub: The bit that has me confused at the mo is starting the spin.

Pete

Dont worry about tyre pressures...

The trouble with that is that your tyre sticks to the floor and when you slow down your bike gets pulled the opposite way 'cos your tyres kinda re-coiling... Hard to explain without a tyre and a floor (Y)

But yeh, practise practise practise...

Spins are easy when you know the right tecnique, i can do 540's on the rear wheel now after much practice (its my favourite move). The key is to lean into the opposite direction before you start the spin, also turn the handlebars the opposite way too. This gives you good leverage to whip the bike round. When you have started the spin, keep your head facing round the way you are spinning and lean into it to keep the spn going. Practice it and youll get it eventually. Its a really good showoff trick. (Y)