Next Mini?

dirtbiker

I've just come back from looking at a beige 1985 City-E:

back.jpg

Its got a beige body, a hand painted roof (white) and a hand painted boot-lid (black) Lovely!

So needless to say its going to need a respray.

The other problems i found include:

Filler in A-Panel (the nearside is ok):

apannel.jpg

Rust hole in OS sill:

sill.jpg

Surface rust on boot-floor:

bootfloor.jpg

Surface rust around OS rear light:

rearlight.jpg

And a somewhat non-standard engine-bay:

enginebay.jpg

The good parts include; recently replaced front brake disks and rear brake shoes, replaced wing (good job), MOT until august, nice half-leather interior, 22000 miles (genuine i think, has MOTs to prove), centre speedo, good tyres.

The guy wants £395 for it but i think this is a bit much (especially seeing as it has no tax so i can't test-drive it). How much do you think i should be thinking of paying?

Edit: The offside door also needs re-skinning.

Try get it for like £300-£350, mini's are going up in price like.

If you get it sorted you'll probs be-able to sell if for a fair whack.

Do it up nice and turn a few heads!

Thats what im doing with mine like.

It probs wont pass its mot with that sill though.

Get it though, good wee project.... i love mini's! :'(

soz man but i think the brakes would be the least of your probles because that rust is pretty bad, and seeing rust in a mini is worse than looking at a mazda mx5 :lol:" but i supose for £395 you cant go wrong. There is defo some potential there but befor you start splashing cash around for it i'd make sure that all the flooring is strong, probs best taking it to pro. But ye if your looking for abit of a project it should be good,

good look with it and i cant wait to see it after the work is done

cheers .dan :'(

i wanna start a mini project while i'm at uni. but highly unlikely it'll ever happen though. anyone ever been in/near one o these?

Z Cars Mini R1

would like to get at least a decent shell together, ready for the REAL guts. oh, u can get 450bhp Hayabusa turbo engines for em too :'(" but write ur will before hittin the loud pedal

smithy

Id say for £350 yur getting robbed blind with no tax or mot ect. NEVER buy a car before driving it, thats just silly. And for that kind of money and the money you will have to spend on it you could get a nicer car, but ive found theres no point with arguing with you mini lot cos you wont have any different.......... :-

Yeah, we're not to be argued with. If you've ever driven one you'll understand (big go-kart!)

I've got another one that i'm going to see next week, but if thats no better then i'll buy this one.

Also, it has an MOT till august, just no tax. :-

the A-panels arnt a big deal.... thats easy to sort out.

as far as im concerned, the most important thing to look for is scuttle at the front screen, outer sills,

if its good around the screen.... id go for it mate!

sadly, i totally disagree with matt, good shells are around, but they are VERY rare.

as a result, even the most utter crap is going for £400 plus around here.....

sadly, it seems that if it has a logbook, its worth a fair price :-

personally..... its not my kinda thing mate, its just a little too standard, and you know what im like!

if i were you, id get together about £800ish, and get something thats been fiddled /looked after a bit which is going to need a bit less work.

its that A-panel that puts me off somehow..... although replacing it isnt a problem at all, the fact that it IS so easy to replace, and instead they have bodged it with filler doesnt inspire me with confidence about the rest of the car!

The beast is too far away, and needs to much work.

This car hasn't been maintained by an enthusiast, its just been owned by an idiot (hence the hand-painting and the filler!). I like the fact it's standard, bit of a blank canvas just like my last car. :-

I say go for it, bargains like that dont come around every day!

My Clubby estate was £200, and that was with worse rust than that, no MOT, needed brake lines re-doing, CV gator replacing, loads of electrical work and new tyres all round. Still glad I bought it, as after some TLC, its an awesome beast.

BEL36T.JPG

i wanna start a mini project while i'm at uni.  but highly unlikely it'll ever happen though.  anyone ever been in/near one o these?

Z Cars Mini R1

would like to get at least a decent shell together, ready for the REAL guts.  oh, u can get 450bhp Hayabusa turbo engines for em too  (Y)"  but write ur will before hittin the loud pedal

smithy

I have :sick:" been in one that is oh and seen a couple at shows. Was bloody fun but in rather keep frontwheel drive and have a V-Tec conversion :blink:

We had a Suzuki SJ 4x4 in the shop yesterday and we lined it up with some of the minis and is just begging for a mini shell to be stuck on it (Y)"

I will get some pictures of my mint shell later, not a single plate!

matt