Gu Bike. Typhoon

DFerris

Heres some pictures of the new GU Bike, called the Typhoon.

GU-01.JPG

GU-07.JPG

Thanks to Gary from Bikedock for sending me the pictures.

Some other pictures can be found on Tartybikes.

Hopefully I will be getting one pretty soon.

I know its been posted before, but there's a greater selection of pictures this time.

Edited by DFerris

how the f**k is phil going against what ever rules he has been given. ffs, he didnt even say where the frames were in stock. t**** f**king b**** get away with so much, makes me sick.

you really are a wang sometimes adam, you seem to get away with so much more on the forum than say selectbikes with advertising, and it is because you are a mod or what ever you are, tis fecking wrong.

when the same rules apply to everyone, ie tartybikes then you can dish out what you think.

stop being a dick on purpose and get your head out your own arse.

Edited by James_Porter

you really are a wang sometimes adam, you seem to get away with so much more on the forum than say selectbikes with advertising

Find me a recent example please.

Edit: I can see this is gonna kick off again if we continue posting, so I will leave this for the perusal of Danny or Tom.

post with a link to your site 1

another 2

another3

oh look, another 4

im sure theres plenty more

if what phil did was wrong in this post WTF is that^^^

also if i put .com in my sig then it will be removed almost instantly. where as i have seen a few sigs with direct lins to you...and they are probably still there.

reply to this

something that needs changing HERE

Edited by James_Porter

James the rules for advertising are currently being discussed by all the Admin, mods and SMs to try to come up with a set of unambiguous rules that are easy to follow. The links you show do have advertising in them, however there has been a bit of a crackdown of late (sigs etc) to try to prevent "illegal" advertising by all.

Advertising needs to be controlled else there would be no use in buying a banner, if the banners disappear then so does the funding for the forum.

At the moment it is hard to know what is and isnt advertising, and have had to alter what i would usually type on a few occaisions realising that i was about to plug a shop etc.

Anyway back on the subject, the GU looks pretty interesting to me, some different takes on yoke design going on which could have some decent benefits if they can survive the rigors of trials riding. It looks like it should be a pretty stiff frame due to the tight rear end and the plates between the top and down tubes. Anyone ridden one yet?

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....7&hl=tartybikes

The above, using pictures which is fine, but clearly saying a website on the pictures with the .co.uk bit and prices etc.

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....topic=55904&hl=

The above, 2nd post down made by "tartridge" exactly the same as I said just worded slightly diffferent - "The first batch of productions frames has now landed in the UK, and should be avaliable next week!"

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....6&hl=tartybikes

9th post down made by "dave@tartybikes" clear link to the website.

To me Adam your being very petty, I'm not exactly sure for your reasons, that seemed like a very pointless comment you made. so you say where you have made done your dirty linking well there you can see, and you can see from jame's post aswell.

I'm confused by the problem of my post anyway, you have blatently advertised for bikedock with the phone number aswell as the link to the website. So you advertised there.

But what I said, I didnt even say a shop name price just said they are in stock, as you said it could be bikedock, it's not even advertising anyway, somebody asked when and where so it was answered, I don't see the problem.

Phil.

Edited by totaltrials

post with a link to your site 1

Read rule number 9, Terms and Conditions. Phil should have a set :P

another 2

Read rule number 9.

another3

I said recent.

oh look, another 4

A dead link to what used to be a picture of Craig Scott's rear wheel?

also if i put .com in my sig then it will be removed almost instantly. where as i have seen a few sigs with direct lins to you...and they are probably still there.

something that needs changing HERE

Cheers, PM me if you find any more :D

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....7&hl=tartybikes

The above, using pictures which is fine, but clearly saying a website on the pictures with the .co.uk bit and prices etc.

Once again, I said recent. Things have changed now.

Our pictures are watermarked to stop people stealing them.

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....topic=55904&hl=

The above, 2nd post down made by "tartridge" exactly the same as I said just worded slightly diffferent - "The first batch of productions frames has now landed in the UK, and should be avaliable next week!"

Yeah, Bikedock got some in. Give Gary a bell on 0845 062 5500 if you fancy one.

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....6&hl=tartybikes

9th post down made by "dave@tartybikes" clear link to the website.

Terms and Conditions, number 9. Watermarked picture for the same reason as stated above.

To me Adam your being very petty, I'm not exactly sure for your reasons, that seemed like a very pointless comment you made. so you say where you have made done your dirty linking well there you can see, and you can see from jame's post aswell.

Yeah, it is petty I guess. As a moderator, I am meant to moderate the forum, and reduce the amount of illegal advertising content. The lines run very fine, and it is difficult.

I'm confused by the problem of my post anyway, you have blatently advertised for bikedock with the phone number aswell as the link to the website. So you advertised there.

Yeah, is that a problem though? I'm in no way affiliated with Bikedock. I'm just a random, posting a link and phone number to a good shop, who have the stuff in stock. That's never been a problem before?

But what I said, I didnt even say a shop name price just said they are in stock, as you said it could be bikedock, it's not even advertising anyway, somebody asked when and where so it was answered, I don't see the problem.

Have you got a set of terms and conditions?

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....ndpost&p=668389

It appears not.

I guess the reality is, that we can all pick holes in each other. We need to come up with a sensible solution, to be agreed by all parties, and stuck to (with punishments/forfeits accordingly). Wotcha reckon?

Cheers

where is a link to these terms and conditions?

i really dont understand this. if they arent recent posts then they should be edited to the new rules. and as your a mod then its you job.

the links to the posts i have added all give a link via yourself to the website. if that isnt wrong to you, yet what phil did in this post is i think you need to have your moderator badge taken away...

Edited by James_Porter

where is a link to these terms and conditions?

i really dont understand this. if they arent recent posts then they should be edited to the new rules. and as your a mod then its you job.

the links to the posts i have added all give a link via yourself to the website. if that isnt wrong to you, yet what phil did in this post is i think you need to have your moderator badge taken away...

Phil will have a set from when he bought a banner :P

Old threads should be changed, you mean? I'm cool with that. Let me know.

It can be taken a few ways I reckon. Its either 'posting helpful information, not in a sales pitch', or you could say its a 'post which would lead to the direct sale of a product'. Take away my 'badge' if you wish. Certain other members have suggested this. Would be fine by me, I'd have a lot more free time!

Phil will have a set from when he bought a banner :P

Old threads should be changed, you mean? I'm cool with that. Let me know.

It can be taken a few ways I reckon. Its either 'posting helpful information, not in a sales pitch', or you could say its a 'post which would lead to the direct sale of a product'. Take away my 'badge' if you wish. Certain other members have suggested this. Would be fine by me, I'd have a lot more free time!

i have said it should be done, therefore i have let you know.

i used to think you were alright, but i feel your so stuck up now and MANY others have said the same thing. i really do think the forum would be better if you weren't a mod, but that isn't my choice to change it so i cant do anything about it.

why you felt the need to make a comment on phils post and add a link to another site is beyond me. there was nothing wrong with phils post, that i can see and i'm sure other members cant see the problem. in comparison to your posts there is deffinatly nothing wrong at all.

how can putting a link and phone number to bikedock be allright?

i also think that images from yourself should not have links to your site, that MUST be breaking the rules aswell

Edited by James_Porter

Sorry to get involved but James, Adam did say this....

Yeah, is that a problem though? I'm in no way affiliated with Bikedock. I'm just a random, posting a link and phone number to a good shop, who have the stuff in stock. That's never been a problem before?

Adam I think your are trying to wiggle your way out of this.

Lets just go back to what i said which you where not happy about:

There is a shop with them in now, but only a very small qty.

Phil.

Now, a post which you posted about the vario styx

I rode an earlier revision of the frame last year at the London Cycle Show. It had a flat BB, so didnt ride like the production frames... but it was STIFF!!

More info here.

The first batch of productions frames has now landed in the UK, and should be avaliable next week!

Adam

WHAT IS THE THE DIFFERENCE???????? neither of us have put a shop name prices, just the availablilty.

Terms and Conditions, number 9. Watermarked picture for the same reason as stated above.

If that is not a sales pitch from the link i gave you to a topic where dave posted I dont know how it cant be, wrote about the product then gave a link to YOUR website with the pictures, THAT IS TRYING TO SELL SOMETHING, i know you might not think it is, but it's sneeky way of doing it, but I suppose it's ok if you do it.

Also, all your excuses about rule number 9, rule number 9 can get you out of anything, You are clearly using "sales pitches" if you are linking to your website where you can buy it from THAT IS TRYING TO SELL IT, it's quite clear, why can you not allow links in signatures but your allowed links in topics to your website, you are contradicting the rules.

Also about that BT topic RAV made about the BT 6.0 I have just red the rule:

"8. Posting details of unique new products which will be of interest

to the forum members is encouraged as long as it is worded as a

product release and not a sales pitch. In this case it should be

up to the manufacturer/importer to be posting this information,

not, for example, a shop."

Therefore the manufacture posted the topic not myself, so the whole topic where you started moaning about the "advertising" could have been easilyl cleared up by you looking at the rules.

It appears I have advertised on a topic in the past, about the BT forks, very sorry, I accept my misstake, maybe it should have been deleted??

I cannot understand why you ALWAYS have to be right, I can't actually believe your trying to wriggle out of your rule breaking, I'm amazed, you must be able to accept that, instead of making all these excuses up about watermarks and rule number 9 which you are not obiding it's all rubbish.

My post is perfectly acceptable, get on with it.

Phil.

I do NOT mind tarty or the other guys post links to their sites (in already excisting threads and staying to the subject). They sure do more then just banging up new threads and showing their "new" parts. if someone asks where to get cranks, wheels etc. tarty and the others kindly give advice to the shops who sell to product. so i say they should be allowed to link to their sites.

I DO mind when people start new threads just to show that they have gotten the latest frame or whatever but i've never seen tarty, selectbikes and the rest do so.

Keep it up tartybikes, selectbikes and the rest of you decent guys! :P

i have said it should be done, therefore i have let you know.

Didn't quite understand what you meant first time.

i used to think you were alright, but i feel your so stuck up now and MANY others have said the same thing. i really do think the forum would be better if you weren't a mod, but that isn't my choice to change it so i cant do anything about it.

Start a thread about it if you like. I'm sure the forum could be likened to some form of democracy, and if 'the people' don't want to keep their 'leader' (loose terms) then he/she should go.

how can putting a link and phone number to bikedock be allright?

See Lee's post. And Phil's post in the BT Forks thread, for that matter :P

i also think that images from yourself should not have links to your site, that MUST be breaking the rules aswell

Maybe it is. Never been pulled for it before. I await clarification.

Til then, good bye.

Seen as Selectbikes have their ginger team rider helping out, I feel somewhat obliged to join in this devastating legal battle. :P BUT... I have no real knowledge with these things.

I do think it's a big shame though, and I hope this can be sorted out.

I think James and I should have a riding battle to the death, in order to settle this like men. :D

Sorry if people are taking this seriously, and I seem like a complete dick heed.