Profile Driver Bearings

Burton

For all of you Profile heads, here is some information about the crappy bearings in the awesome hubs.

The bearing model is 680-2RS.

The Replacement model is 6802-2RS.

Profile stock these bearings in at £23 for 4, enough to fill your driver (Y)

But the amazing people at www.smbbearings.co.uk(e-mail is the better option sales@smbbearings.com) sell the bearings 6802-2RS for £12.08 including V.A.T and P+P.

So just e-mail them, or contact them by phone, for cheaper, better bearings :-

Edited by Burton

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd let you know..

The Replacement model is 6802-2RS

And the bearings you bought were the cheaper Chinese bearings incomparrason to the Japanese ones reccomened (Y)

Profile and SMB are the same price with those ones :-

There seems to be a bit of confusion here...

The first part (numbers) is the bearing size - The second part is the sealing.

6802-RS = 6802 sized bearing with Rubber Seal. (standard Profile driver bearing)

6802-2RS = 6802 sized bearing with Double Rubber Seals.

There seems to be a bit of confusion here...

The first part (numbers) is the bearing size - The second part is the sealing.

6802-RS = 6802 sized bearing with Rubber Seal. (standard Profile driver bearing)

6802-2RS = 6802 sized bearing with Double Rubber Seals.

Yes but he put 2R2 which = nothing, he has now sneakily edited his post to make me look like a loon though (Y)

• 3 months later...

Stonger bearings aren't available I'm afraid, unless you could use ones with larger geometry somehow, which would involve redesigning the hub.

As Dan suggests in the FAQ, order replacements from SMB Bearings. I’d ring them up on 01993 842555 and order bearing number 6802- 2RS, with the standard chrome steel balls, Chinese made, however many you need. Below is some more info on the options and why I’d recommend this version.

Product Code: 6802-2RS - Specs in the Thin Section Bearing category on SMB’s online catalog

Dimensions:

ID = 15mm

OD = 24mm

t = 5mm

Material Choice for Balls:

1. Chrome Steel: Standard choice

2. Stainless Steel: If Damp won’t rust, but this comes at a double cost; compared to the chrome they are 3x more expensive and also crucially are weaker - will break at 15% lower radial load.

So definitely Chrome balls (the standard option)

Now you know you want the 6802-2RS with standard Chrome steel balls, you just need to know which country of origin you want them from. Please note that both of the following are equally strong.

Country of Origin

1. Chinese (Standard Quality)

2. Japanese (High Quality): Machined to higher tolerances, so run smoother and quieter (you may not notice this in a trials bike!), roughly 2 times the price of the Chinese made version.

Worth mentioning again that these are both equally strong. Since strength is the most important attribute, and I’d argue that the relative smoothness and noise is not going to be noticeable, my suggestion is buy the Chinese version and for the same money stock up with spare bearings:

Cost summary including VAT

Chinese 6802-2RS

Order quantity 1-10 = £ 1.63 (Japanese are £3.56 each)

Order quantity 10+ = £1.02 (Japanese are £2.60 each)

If you order the Chinese version, for around only a tenner (postage not included) you could get hold of 10 bearings, plenty of spares for the inevitable moment when they break again.

Steve

Cost summary including VAT

Chinese 6802-2RS

Order quantity 1-10 = £ 1.63 (Japanese are £3.56 each)

Order quantity 10+ = £1.02 (Japanese are £2.60 each)

If you order the Chinese version, for around only a tenner (postage not included) you could get hold of 10 bearings, plenty of spares for the inevitable moment when they break again.

Steve

I just ordered some, these prices appear to be incorrect, I had to pay £16.33 inc VAT and postage (at £2.50) for 10 of the chinese, the Japanese ones where £24 or something for 4 inc P+P.

P.S. You need 4 to replace the whole set in your driver.

Olly.

I just ordered some, these prices appear to be incorrect, I had to pay £16.33 inc VAT and postage (at £2.50) for 10 of the chinese, the Japanese ones where £24 or something for 4 inc P+P.

P.S. You need 4 to replace the whole set in your driver.

Olly.

steve is completely correct. 16.3 divided by 10 = ???? :D :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hub bearings - 6903

Driver Bearings - 6802

For a complete set (one hub) you'll need 2 hub shell bearings, and 4 driver bearings.

EDIT: Pretty much posted the exact same thing a few months ago (scroll up) haha.

Edited by Dan6061

Hub bearings - 6903

Driver Bearings - 6802

For a complete set (one hub) you'll need 2 hub shell bearings, and 4 driver bearings.

EDIT: Pretty much posted the exact same thing a few months ago (scroll up) haha.

just ring up hope and say that you have a pro 2 trials rear hub and say that your bearing are shot and get them for free (Y) i havent done it though but a mate has i just brought some profile hubshell bearings of tartys because my hope hubshell bearings went and noticed that the numbers were the same meaning that=hope and profile use the same bearings (Y)

if you own a profile hub and the bearings go just call hope and say that your bearings have gone in your rear pro2(even if you dont own one and own a profile :P ) and they will give you some for free

• 2 weeks later...
just ring up hope and say that you have a pro 2 trials rear hub and say that your bearing are shot and get them for free (Y) i havent done it though but a mate has i just brought some profile hubshell bearings of tartys because my hope hubshell bearings went and noticed that the numbers were the same meaning that=hope and profile use the same bearings (Y)

if you own a profile hub and the bearings go just call hope and say that your bearings have gone in your rear pro2(even if you dont own one and own a profile :P ) and they will give you some for free

Just because Hope have really good customer service why exploit it and possiby ruin it for everyone with hope parts over a few quid for hub bearings :S

Edited by monty221pr