Ryan Leech

emery

hahaha i think not, how many world titles has he got?

one and that is 'i can ride without correction hops' thats all he has big wow?! :S"

and i can ride like a frigin ELEPHANT! <_<"

Yep. i agree, well sorta.

I think hes good, but nothing spectacular. its like '' i cant ride trials normally, so ill be the best at my own form''. Dont take it to heart Judders :"> just my opinion.

I have a few points to make...

1. don't worry Dan - I don't take it to heart :S <_<

2. everyone should go watch the film 'Airheads'

3. I know Ryan Leech isn't a world champ, but he is still my favorite rider. I also think vincent hermance IS the best trials rider in the world today.

4. Norco, unlike Koxx don't make Ryan ride UCI worlds, they is no reason for them to, it would be a profitless exercise for them. Plus Norco have always allowed Ryan to persue his own riding style.

5. both vincent and ryan and damn talented riders and have bike control by the bucketload

- give vincent a streety bike and a couple of months and he would be f**king awesome

- give ryan a uci bike and a couple of months and he would be f**king awesome

6. riding with no correction hops is damn hard both mentally and phsically

7. we all should chill and have a strawberry cornetto

8. bye...

I have a few points to make...

1. don't worry Dan - I don't take it to heart :S  <_<

2. everyone should go watch the film 'Airheads'

3. I know Ryan Leech isn't a world champ, but he is still my favorite rider. I also think vincent hermance IS the best trials rider in the world today.

4. Norco, unlike Koxx don't make Ryan ride UCI worlds, they is no reason  for them to, it would be a profitless exercise for them. Plus Norco have always allowed Ryan to persue his own riding style.

5. both vincent and ryan and damn talented riders and have bike control by the bucketload

- give vincent a streety bike and a couple of months and he would be f**king awesome

- give ryan a uci bike and a couple of months and he would be f**king awesome

6. riding with no correction hops is damn hard both mentally and phsically

7. we all should chill and have a strawberry cornetto

8. bye...

Yep tis sorta true.

Hes got talent and its hard to compare his talent to someone elses. i.e comparing Hermance to Aaron Chase. You just cant.

In all Ryan doesnt do it for me. But he does do it for Judders (N)

Ryan Leech is an amazing ride. That's my 2 pennies I know it isn't much, but he may not be the most "Trialsy" of riders, but it don't stop him being an amazing rider. Andy McDonald rode in the Gravity Games in Street instead of Vert, he was pretty awesome for a vert rider riding street. Imagine it being 2 completely different disciplines like that. They are both great just in different ways.

Well he maybe a crap rider 'he isnt' but lets say he is for instant.

You have to remember he has possibly the hottest girl in trials as his wife!

Which i think probally makes him probally a pritty good rider (in-your-endo intended) lol.

Anyway slightly more to topic.

I think that his riding stile is very much a natural trials method as when riding natural you have to make every move count, there is no room for getting your balance, you have to go straight to where there grip etc.

p.s. God would make a great trials rider but i dont think it would be very fun to let him play. as he kick ass!

(in-your-endo intended)

(Y) :) i give you sympathy. that pun was appaling... lol :P

I dont like leech. im afraid hes a one-trick-pony. too streety. To contradict my6self now, I admit he can pull some pretty sick street moves, but crowd pleasers dont win a competition.

Sorry but no thanks :P

• 1 month later...

Okay I have to say something too cus ryan is my fave one(+tim stedman cus he's awesome rider too..i think he's the uk ryan leech)...

Ryan done very well on competitions he won a lot in north america...he even won in mod but he ride for living he have to do demos and people like to see tricky moves...and ryan loves he's style and he can do sidehop as big as uci riders (128 cm over bar)...he's also very friendly and isn't stuck-up...he try to ride manifesto style but sometimes he have to do hops...but that you will not see on movies :P ... anyway he is awesome rider

I think it's amazing the amount of stuff that gets said about Ryan Leech.

At the end of the day the only trials names I would really recognise is his and the guys from Dirty tricks & cunning stunts....

My conclusion is that noone oout there is doing what Ryan Leech is doing - ie. taking trials and giving it an audience - by that I mean that people watch those videos who may have no intrest in trials and their jaw drops - They'll watch it again too....

Now how many people in trials are producing videos as successfully as that? The very question that started this topic is an indicator to just how successful Ryan Leech has been.

Oh - and as for a noisy bike on the videos - is that really a measurement of his riding? I mean, he could have a zoom mike on his video camera that exagerates what the camera focuses on (I notice this about my own) and at the end of the day, if he thought that would be a true criticism I'm sure he would've edited it out.

The only thing disappointing about Manifesto is that it's very short.

Edited by Canned