Panasonic Nv-gs11 Camcorder.

Corish

Hello all.

Wondering if you could help me out.

Thing is, I am letting some girl view my webcam but it cuts off (Asin camera turns off) every so many minutes? Why? Its annoying me bad. Does anyone else experience this? And how did you solve it - If you did?

Thanks for any help.

Corish

Look in the menu option for an automatic power off, and disable it. As you arent actually recording to tape, I guess its assuming its inactive and shuts itself down. You might not have the option there though - differs from camera to camera. You can always circumvent it by flicking the zoom every couple of minutes to reset the countdown. :shifty:

Hmm.

I've got the NV-GS 40 and I phoned up Panasonic and they told me it wasn't even meant to work as a webcam for msn messenger. Only Yahoo or something.

I've got a PC laptop, without firewire, but the cam and my laptop has Usb, so i plugged that in, and the picture f**ks up big time.

It's on webcam mode and stuff. The screen that it puts through it all diagonal and liney. You can hardly make out anything from the cam. Quite annoying actually.

Anyone got any ideas?

:shifty:

Thing is, I am letting some girl view my webcam but it cuts off (Asin camera turns off) every so many minutes? Why?

It's the Auto Power off, to save battery. Like Ben says, you may be able to turn the option off.

My camera doesn't have such a option, but I just take the tape out, and that works (Y)

It's the Auto Power off, to save battery. Like Ben says, you may be able to turn the option off.

My camera doesn't have such a option, but I just take the tape out, and that works :angry:

Thanks I'll try that.

I have a GS55 which is essentially the same but much better ( :- ). I've just had a look on the camera menus and it appears you need to be using the USB port for webcam use. Also, you need to set it to webcam mode in the menu. I hope this helps.