New Website.....

ben_travis

So it's certainly been a while since hull got some interesting website stuff on the internet. Many riders have been and left and new ones have come to join us. Many of you may know that hull is the home of a certain trials shop. However there is more to it than that. Now before you give me any comments or thoughts. Much of the content isnt in hull at the moment as im living near aberdeen (i am from hull) but once the others start getting me some content it will be updated.

cheers for looking, would like your feedback though.

Made it all myself even backgrounds and images that have been edited.

www.hull-trials.co.uk

cheers

ben

Erm, i dont like, i hate it, but it could be something to do with my computer.

Some of the pictures and text are in the top left, where the funky background is, so i cant see them. Also, the text in the bottom right looks so bland and requires effort to read.

Navigation could be better too (Y)

a lot of people use broadband internet now and that is fine but you still need to learn to compress your images so that load time is decreased and people don't have to download 1mb of crap per page.

the background images should be like 20kb max. you could same the index.jpg as a gif with maybe 16 colours and it would be the same quality but have a shitload smaller file size. all your other images can be saved in photoshop using the "save for web" function at about 60% quality .jpg and will look the same but again be a hell of a lot smaller in file size.

just went to the friends page which does suck. i think the background image should be the same over all pages. the index.jpg bgimage is nice and simple so i would personally use that one. not only will this look classier but it will reduce load time on each page because the image will be stored in the user's cache.

for the hard to read text as mentioned in a previous post, you could look into css and create an opaque background behind the text which would look nice or you could just use a white background colour for the table but this would completely hide the background image where the table is.

here is an example of what you could do.

http://www.domedia.org/oveklykken/css-transparency.php

cheers for the comments guys. i know this sounds like an excuse, but it is my first website of a (in my opinion) decent non-template stylee. I take on board what your saying. Maybe the fonts are a wee bit small but ill look into that. Also i can see the point with the images being larger in fact probably too large and take a while to load up. maybe just needs some fiddling with it.

Although the majority hate it, i would say im proud of it. Thanks for looking. I want something people will be able to re-chack as we progress etc. Something of a common occurance for most. As for the guy who said all the images and tables are over each other. it must be your browser, i have mozilla on a mac and safari, and i.e and it works perfect in all of them.

cheers for looking guys. any more comments appreciated..

ben