Ebay Calculator

sfboy

There seem to be no free ebay calculators to work out how much they will charge for a given item. So I made my own, it has no GUI at the moment so if anyone wants to make one that'd be cool, any feedback would be appreciated

EDIT : new gui

EBAY CALCULATOR

Edited by sfboy

Someone please do a GUUI for this!

I've got a shitty really long excel thing to work it out for me but its really annoying having to open it up all the time, having all the information spread out etc (it's a shit spreadsheet, but seems to give me the right fees luckily). But i've alwyas thought a calculator would eb really useful.

Gavin

Yeah, but PHP is a server side, so you can't code a GUI in PHP, thats why i said the "usual way", ie, using HTML. Meh, i'm just being politically correct i guess.

Also, the site, look at it in firefox, its majorly screwed up, unless its mean't to be like that. If it is, you might want to re-think what your trying to achieve with the site.

ok, I made the gui, can people in firefox please post a picture of it

Future improvements include adding optional extras such as gallery and featured listings and also some validation on the form

Ok, I've looked at the html/css and to be fair, it's f**king shocking. I'm surprised you get it to render in IE, but I guess they're used to catering for idiots.

There is no way you will be able to sell your services as a web-designer until you learn how to use HTML :)

And finally:

a bespoke solution based on the PHP-Nuke content management system

Hardly bespoke is it?

Ok, I've looked at the html/css and to be fair, it's f**king shocking. I'm surprised you get it to render in IE, but I guess they're used to catering for idiots.

There is no way you will be able to sell your services as a web-designer until you learn how to use HTML  :D

And finally:

Hardly bespoke is it?

gee thanks, considering I only learnt about certain css functions yesterday, also what specifically is wrong with the css, I would appreciate the help rather than a slanging :)

I tried it, as it loaded fine in my IE.

However it was not too hot at working out the paypal fee.

£0.58 for a £250 item  :D  not quite right me thinks  :)

Thats not even 1%

it says £8.7 thats £8.70 - Paypal fee is £.2 and 3.4% of your item

gee thanks, considering I only learnt about certain css functions yesterday, also what specifically is wrong with the css, I would appreciate the help rather than a slanging  :(

Sorry, I was tired and in a coding rut :">

What I was getting at was just various errors and misuse of syntax: attributes not in quotation marks, paragraph tags left open, list tags left open, using IDs more than once, using deprecated tags and just general messiness.

Just be more thorough, you should know how important well-formed code is from PHP, not to mention neat code.

I didn't mean to have a go, I'm just passionate about this sort of thing. :ermm:

it says £8.7 thats £8.70 - Paypal fee is £.2 and 3.4% of your item

No I don't think your right there!!!! The GRAND TOTAL IS WRONG!

see my screen shot below.

The total might well be right for the Ebay fees.

But it hasn't allowed for the Paypal fees!!!!

It should be about double what it says... this is beacuse where the 3% part of paypal is worked out it says £0.2 :(

unless its only doing that on my pc..... which means the pages is dodgy and doesn't work properly.

post-60-1122577151_thumb.jpg