How To Get More Flexible?

modx-lite

Basically, I've realised just how un-flexible I am. Can't touch my toes etc, and just generally always stiff (please, no jokes, before some wise-guy tries :o)

So yeah, any pointers on getting more flexible would be good, links to any useful websites etc.

I'm 17 n still slowly growing, and have shit knees and ankles, if that' of any use to you. Ask for anything else you need to know.

Cheers everyone :lol:

parkour (or free running) is mint for this.

Try and jump from two feet to two feet up high things, across things, over things, I think it helps to do a small bounce before you take off though.

That really gets the muscles working, but be sure to strech before and after to prevent injury.

stretching is a great help, just search the net theres loads of sites, as ali c said thoughs movement will make you muscles more explosive and will be good for power moves but not flexibility, if youre interested in that search for plyometrics on google that should help

Just ‘warm up’ as normal THEN stretch as stretching before you ride is pointless as muscles should be warm when stretching.

Just do all the normal stretches like touching you’re toes with straight legs and trying to touch the lower part of you’re shoulder blades with you’re arms.

These make a huge difference physically AND phycalogically because it puts you into a good frame of mind knowing you’re willing to try and give you’re riding a boost by any means possible. ;)

Stretch and reap the rewards (Y) :)

i used to be dead flexy when i was about 10-11 i could do the splits the lot.. now its gone out of the window 5 years down the line..

my knees are nakered, week ankles and wrist's, elbows and shoulders its not good..

i'll be a criple at 60 LOL

maybe yoga or something lol

i think if someone is very flexy it helps loads when your riding.. to be flexy youv got to have a fair bit of muscle

try doin' this ;)

rhythmic%20gymnastics.jpg

or this.. :)

rhythmic%20gymnastics%202.jpg

(Y) maybe not.. LOL

Oooo yeah...I used to be able to back flip, and do the splits and stuff really easily when I was about 12....stopped for some reason and can't do the splits for shit....

Just do basic muscle exercises, warm up first, and then build your way up....to more 'vigorous' stretches...

Liss xxx

Oooo yeah...I used to be able to back flip, and do the splits and stuff really easily when I was about 12....stopped for some reason and can't do the splits for shit....

Just do basic muscle exercises, warm up first, and then build your way up....to more 'vigorous' stretches...

Liss xxx

;) :) hehe Liss like to MrMonkeys thread.. girls are flexyer than boys :D (Y)

but again it can be done by males

gympommel01psa-1.jpg

Just doing simple stretches before you go to bed can be a big help. About 3 months ago I started doing little stretches about 3 times a day, all I'd do is put my fingers to my toes, hold it for about 5 - 10 seconds then stop, then repeat 4 or 5 times. Within about a month I was able to lay the centre bits of my fingers flat on the floor, and I'd do the same each day. After another month I was able to comfortably lay my hands totally flat on the floor, almost being able to touch my knees with my head. Recently I've stopped due to working crazy long hours and having no time to do it, but I intend to get bang on it now I'm on holidays.

In short, give stretches a go, it's very little effort and can be a big help in the long run (Y)