How much do you let the weather stop you doing trials  

96 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you let the weather stop you doing trials

• I go out in all weather
    • Only thunderstorms will stop me
    • I ride in the rain
    • Ill ride if its "spitting" but not raining
    • Only ride in the dry
    • Only ride when its sunny, warm and not windy!

I only go out and ride in dry. Wet ground is just shit.

lol..

I agree, but i don't mind riding on wet ground, so long as my rims stay dry i'm not too fussed.

I also don't mine if i'v been out riding for a few hours and it pissed down, obviously i would prefer it not to, but so long as i get a good ride in i'm not over fussed.

I don't mind when it rains in summer as it drys quick, but when it rains in winder, it take days for it to dry up. :(

So long as my rims stay dry, i'm a happy biker. :)

Edited by JT!

I think all the people who are saying they only ride in the dry need to do 3 things in the winter.

1. When you put your grips on spray paint inside them and then slip them on and leave for 5 minutes. I always do this with my grips because they will never move until you cut them off to replace them. It shocks me the amount of people that dont do this or similar to their grips. Even in the pissing down rain they dont move at all. I seriously suggest it.

2. Grind your rim.!!! Im sure all the people saying that they dont mind until their riims get wet. its because you use tar or a smooth rim. Im not trying to have a go as I know these things work when its dry very well, but in the winter its hardly dry is it. So get the grinder on those rims and maybe switch to some harder pads, and then you can go riding in any weather and not worry about your rims getting wet and your brake not working.

and 3. Get some warm comfortable clothes :( sounds stupid but can make those cold months alot more comfortable. Just things like a nice fleese.

Just try these things out in the winter and Im sure you will really enjoy it. Riding in the wet is so much fun, it makes even the easiest move alot harder.

Look at the andrew t vincent vid 2. The rain didnt stop vince riding. :)

Ride allsorts of weather. Have ridden in torrential rain before, it was awesome fun. Absolutely drenched on some rocks which remain grippy in the wet, it was ace, until the wind picked up n made everything freezing cold.

Perfeck weather - cool, sunny day, slight breeze,

Rossi.

I dont mind riding in the rain aslong my bike is working well, its changes the way you have to ride, and i like that! Natural can be fun in the wet! Really bad wind is'nt too good to ride in.

Interesting topic btw :wink2:  (Y)

Stan.

exactly dude, it makes you look at things in a different way too - often you end up using/learning a different technique just because its wet.

plus when you do something in the wet it feels that little bit more satidfying (Y)

mike

any weather will do me...........

there is no point letting the weather get on top of you.

if anything the poorer weather will improve your riding so much and improve your balance and alertness of slippy and nasty stuff. iv been out many times with akrigg and ridden near his house where its never ever dry or super gripy.

Waynio...................

nice weather always is more enjoyable (well sometimes) if your out and it starts raining its really good fun and as your warm it keeps you in the mood for riding, i think its like someone else has stated its very hard to walk out in the rain and then get motivated BUT an extra layer of clothes can make all the difference

I'd be more than satisfied if I did something good and had a brake like yours :wink2: Getta grind boi (Y)

Rossi.

haha it holds my lightweight ass - though my brake is better now (no grind though).

on wednesday my front brake was actually better than my rear (Y) - gotta love my bike

I will ride in most weather ´conditions´ but at the moment I am not riding much as i would like because of the heat out here in Spain, its pretty much between 37 and 42 degree´s everyday and is impossible to ride in because of getting dehydrated too quick and just feeling sick :wink2: not my idea of fun...

i don't mind rain, wind or snow much. well, I don't head out in the pouring rain to ride unless I'm very determined. Practising taps on wet, slimy edges with a slippy brake is good technique practise. Rails are fun aswell.

Snow is a completely different matter though. It is pretty fun if it's only a few inches, but if it's too deep (1 ft and more) your rim will get covered in it, which will turn into ice when you brake, (well, first liquid water, then ice) which makes your brake non-existant, which is dangerous. Riding in snowstorms is fun fun fun. Except that it gets REALLY cold really quickly.

Also, I don't mind riding comps in the rain at all. I'd rather have sun and drought, but wet sections are more challenging, and getting wet/muddy is pretty fun. :wink2:

I'm not really bothered what sort of weather it is. It's the temperature that normally puts me off i hate riding when its cold caus you need to do it constantly or your hands dont work properly (Y) .

But riding in a thunderstorm seems pretty fecking cool! :wink2:

Cheers,

Joe.