X-box 360

caddis

Final fantasy on xbox  :) hmm interesting, yeh i have lots of final fantasy games there great, and it really is good value for money due to the long stories, and gaming hours in it and the graphics are usually pretty sweet!

as for the ps2's i never knew anything about that  B) i must be lucky then as i aint had any problems!

Final Fantasy XI Online, same as on PC it's not bad, not proper Final Fantasy though. Im a big RPG fan especially Sqauresoft games, love old school 2D ones like Secret of Mana and stuff on SNES.

Your very lucky with your PS2 then, I've had mine a year or so, Silver one when they first came out, no problems with mine but I rarely turn it on so thats probably why, Watch a few OC seasons and Smallville but thats about it :- Sony's too mainstreme for my taste.

HHHEEEELLLLLL NO

This guy, please pay close attention to the bold writing :)

the xbox 360 is better, for a start when they revealed the ps3 and xbox 360 they showed xbox 360 in game footage, and ps3 introduction footage of the games, and you could hardly tell them apart, and ive heard that sony said they have 7 processors in it, which is a blatent lie because it would melt the plastic of the damn case, lol B) or you would need the damn thing water cooled, and that would cost a hell of a lot

I has 9. Its not a normal CPU like in a pc. Its a cell, its has one PPC and 8 SPE's. The PPC is like a normal core and then it has the SPE's which are like mini cores that will run one thing at a time. Think of it as a P4 3.0ghz with 8 P1 100mhz. Thats a sort of thing it is. But with it all sharing 512kb L2 cache it will bottleneck like f**k ( I think its 512). Ill go find a long article (45+ pages) on the internet about the cores if I can be bothered showing the HUGE flaw in the Cell processor over the 3 cored PPC.

They both run the same instruction set as they are both IBM cores running the PPC instructions thus porting games will be easier than ever especially as the Revolution is going to be a PPC as well. Although Intel has just discovered a code called VILW which is not only better than PPC but also X-86 (pc language ie windows) making all Xbox 360, PS3 and Revolution out of date if they can make it work as VILW will absolutly own the PPC code due to it being able to run 8 cores on 8 different threads 2 at time meaning 16threads at once and alot of power but Ill leve that out for now.

Another huge difference is the unified shaders on the 360 compared to the PS3 seperate vertex and pixel shaders. The PS3 RSX GPU chip is a G70 (7800GTX) modified, so its basically 24 pixel shaders and 8 vertex (if I remember well) where as the 360 has 48 unified, meaning it can have 48 pixel or vertex at one time, whichever is required meaning it is less limited to graphics power.

The 360 has been proved to connect with media devices, so has the PS3 so they are level on those terms. Both wireless etc but the PS3 will cost about £500+ due to the dual HDTV outputs, new Blu-Ray discs over the 360 HD-DVD (both are outdated now due to HVD, you could fit 213 full DVD movies on that very one disk and it'll only take 998 seconds (about 16 minutes) to burn them all. (128 Gigabytes in about the time it takes to burn a typical CD or DVD). Which is due for release withint year or two and backed by loads already.

Ill stop my ramble now but if anyone wants some real dirt on the two let me know and I'll dig up the huge articles.

360 Over PS3 anyday!

Xbox, look at the online structure, its unrivaled, Xbox live is the most amazing piece of online gaming to come from a console, look at the ammount of people on these games all the time its immense, playstation is good if you want a game to play 3 or 4 times before it just stops working or your ps blows up... Xbox is a all round superior piece of kit and my prefered gaming platform! Microshite know what their doing on this one! HALO 3 FOR THE WIN!

Am I only one whos going to give the Nintendo Revolution a bash?

Im making a pretty pattern though as I had the PS1, got the XBOX, then I will get the Revolution then the next sony thing me bob and so on.

It does look pretty good (aesthectically) havent bothered reading the spec.

Nintendo arnt going crazy spec, they are concentrating on what matters, the games themselves not what they look like. They ar trying to revolutionize gaming again. They did it with the Thumbstick, first console to have bots in games, etc. They created half the stuff in every console today.

Instead of making a pc they played on mega drives?

What you t alking about?

haha k, i wasn't very clear, but i heard common sense and initiative are useful traits to develop.

what i mean was, what if back in the day when all pc's did was create words to be printed out via dot matrix, if people said, oh wow, this pc melarky is amazing, lets not develop it any further, who needs to play music, watch videos, design, create and output amazing things on a pc, when word processing is so great.

then the pc of today would be sucky sucky bum ring.

instead people took it further and further and nowadays most of out lives are revlove around a pc in someway.

Why not develop consoles into multimedia devices. Life is abotu evolution, noone wants to play 2d sonic adventure forever.

haha k, i wasn't very clear, but i heard common sense and initiative are useful traits to develop.

what i mean was, what if back in the day when all pc's did was create words to be printed out via dot matrix, if people said, oh wow, this pc melarky is amazing, lets not develop it any further, who needs to play music, watch videos, design, create and output amazing things on a pc, when word processing is so great.

then the pc of today would be sucky sucky bum ring.

instead people took it further and further and nowadays most of out lives are revlove around a pc in someway.

Why not develop consoles into multimedia devices. Life is abotu evolution, noone wants to play 2d sonic adventure forever.

Why not just have a cd player and a console?

I din't get why you have to mate them.

yup, the revolution is gonna play every nitendo console game ever, thats A LOT of gamage.

ahh, the good old days of Golden Eye, Perfect dark, Turok, Beetle Adventure Racing.... (Y)

Nah its not every games, Selected first party Nintendo games, lots buy not every.

Stuff like Secret of Mana etc which are pretty valuble they aren't just going to port for free, well not initially but they may come with limited edition games etc or as paid downloads.

The intresting thing will be to see what the controller looks like for it, nobody cares about the price or release date of it (Y)

Deffinitly xbox 360, but does it come online ready out the box, or do you need to pay more for xbox live ?

The £270 deal apparently will come with a silver xbox live subscription. Which I am pretty sure means that you'll get a year for free.