Echo Hi-fi Opinions?

MikeWarner

I am considering getting a new frame. Now that the Hi-Fi has been around a bit longer, I assume a few people have tried them out.

I am interested to know opinions on how it rides please. I know some people don't like the look of it, but I do. Anyway, I'm not worried about looks, just how it rides.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :closedeyes:

I've had mine about a week and had a 05 Pitbull long previous to that and I though the pitbull ride nice but the echo is just in a different league. My ups have became less effort for more performance, again my gaps are around the same with a big change to my technique because of the bb rise and my sidehops have became a lot more confident and feel easier. It gives me the feeling of lifting the rear of the bike up is a lot easier or less to travel.

To me its the perfect compromise between a long and short bike as it doesn't feel massively lying down kind of long and is really flicky like a short bike.

I have changed frames a LOT this year and I honestly don't think I will ever want rid of this.

I had my hi fi for a month, I absolutly loved it for the first couple of weeks, but after that I began to have my doubts.

When I first got it I was blown away with how easy it was on the back wheel. It also made sidehops easier, however my other things were worse off, gaps, taps and so on where just crap. I thought it was because it was a new bike so it didnt bother me, but when after a month I was still shit I decided to sack it off.

People also say high bbs are great for natural, I found it the complete opposite, I couldnt ride it to save my life! I would just fall off for the most stupid things. My balence isnt great, but with the extra unstability of the hi bb, I just couldnt keep the bike under control.

I also got super harsh on drops because I couldnt get my weight far back enough over the bike to make them smooth.

my 2p

what you gotta think of too is that Ali was british champ last year on a pure/ti frame?????and rode all last year with confidence and ease his riding was nothing short of spot on!!!! and when speaking to him about the hi-fi his personal opinion was that he didnt feel as confident with it. people are different but a 2nd opinion from last years brit champ who was riding to his full potential and has alot of potential i think is one of the best opinions about. i had a go on ali's felt it was nice on the back wheel but i dont think anything else would have made me say "yes" i want to buy one becos...............

the look of the frame is nice polished and with the headtube and stays looks well made.

Waynio..........................

I'm getting back into trials riding after a 4 to 5 year break. I've switched from a pashley 26mhz to the Hifi. So far, I've found the Hifi to be leagues ahead of the pashley as far as geometry for trials riding goes. Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to try any other contemporary stock hardware to compare the Hifi with, but I do have a fairly recent mod bike as well, and the hifi certainly feels a lot more similar to the mod than the pashley ever did... and mod bikes are designed specifically for one purpose... so I would guess that is a good thing. (Y)

Obviously, this is just another opinion, and I wouldn't want to suggest it should be anywhere near as influential as that of a previous brit's champion such as Ali C. However, from my restarting point of view, I have so far found the Hifi to be a huge advance from my previous stock setups (Pashley 26Mhx, Monty 26" ~1999/2000 model) , and I have found that switching between the Hifi and the Mod and back again is fairly straightforward. I haven't had problems with balance due to BB height... but this may be an advantage of having had to restart after the 4 to 5 year break (work, relocation and knee surgery related).

I am 6'4" and fairly heavily built, which is, I suggest, worth bearing in mind if you are considering what I have posted above. For what it's worth, my mod bike is a 1003mm wheelbase, if that makes any difference. :D