What Is Trials Based On % ?

Dan-Walker

75% mentality

15% technique

10% size/strength

That's silly. Trials is mostly mental? Don't think so.

90% Technique

6% having the balls

4% strength

Of corse it depends on the type of riding you do, but trials is mostly about technique.

Edited by JT!

if you bring having balls into it it needs to be a higher % but some categories could be higher or less. id break it down to the four below.

if i did it i think it would be:

20% balls

50% technique

20% size strength

10% being creative

Waynio...................

hmm wayne do younot think strength should be a bit more than 20%

look at all top natural riders and they are incredibly well built, not huge but very toned and very strong. ceaser is a great example, just look at that guy hes like a short arsed brick wall but problably tougher.

id say 60% technique

and 40% strength,

but only for top end of riding ie 'pro' level

It depends, if you want to advance and get better it's about 60% technique 20%stregnth/balls. Without the courage you willl never get better but if you are doing the same stuff over and over it's probably about 90% technique 10% stregnth at beginner level and abut more evened out at pro. Then again I could just be talking bull**** (Y)

id say, mentallity=70%

technique=5%

strength=5%

balls=20%`

id say its all in the once u've learned all the move and that and strength is not a big factor, i'm a pretty strong guy off my bike, but i cant throw my bike around that well, and size is definatley nothing to do with it!

Edited by Boxer1

Mentality = 15%

Strength = 25%

Technique = 60%

Waynio you're right, definitely creativity that's one of my problems I have to ask my mates to help me out (Y) :D :P

Edited by nafan

I suppose, but i'm just saying thinking you can do things and believing you can make a move all have a part to play in your performance.

Yeah but not to the extent where you think you can do a move you can do it. If you think you can do a 6ft gap, but you haven't got the technique to do it. Using pure thought wont get you accross.

hmm wayne do younot think strength should be a bit more than 20%

look at all top natural riders and they are incredibly well built, not huge  but very toned and very strong. ceaser is a great example, just look at that guy hes like a short arsed brick wall but problably tougher.

id say 60% technique

and 40% strength,

but only for top end of riding ie 'pro' level

You really don't need strenghth. You definatly need explosive power. Trials is at least 90% technique. For exaple a pro runner would probably be very good at cycling. (MTBin Road biking). But if you got a pro runner on a trials bike, he couldn't probably ride forward due to their been no seat. Not to mention gapping sidehopping etc.

When do you ever say, i can't do this becuase i haven't got the strength. When your out riding?

I'd say

90 % Technique

5 % Strenght

5 % Mentality

0 % Balls

Seems to me some people are saying that you won't progress if you don't have enough balls, I must disagree, dropping from 10 feet doesn't make you a better rider than someone who drops with perfect technique but only from 4 feet.

Edited by PhenoVenom

I'd say

90 % Technique

5 % Strenght

5 % Mentality

0 % Balls

Seems to me some people are saying that you won't progress if you don't have enough balls, I must disagree, dropping from 10 feet doesn't make you a better rider than someone who drops with perfect technique but only from 4 feet.

I'd be a much better rider if i had more confidence (aka balls)

Yeah but not to the extent where you think you can do a move you can do it. If you think you can do a 6ft gap, but you haven't got the technique to do it. Using pure thought wont get you accross.

You really don't need strenghth. You definatly need explosive power. Trials is at least 90% technique. For exaple a pro runner would probably be very good at cycling. (MTBin Road biking). But if you got a pro runner on a trials bike, he couldn't probably ride forward due to their been no seat. Not to mention gapping sidehopping etc.

When do you ever say, i can't do this becuase i haven't got the strength. When your out riding?

you dont need strength?? ok then ...... trials takes alot of strength, tell you what do a comp and then come back and say you dont need strength, strength isnt just lifting weights you know its about having the stamina and power in your muscles to move you bike around. strength is useless without technique, but when technique is mastered the strength gives you the ability to move faster higher and further

Dropping=

Technique - 2%

Strength- 2%

How big your bollocks are - 96%

Gapping=

Timing- 20%

Vision- 20%

Technique- 20%

Strength- 20%

(Crate gapping) 20% balls and faith

Up=

40%- vision

30% pre coil and strength

20% Technique

10% weight position

Edited by pissin_on_the_fence

you dont need strength?? ok then ...... trials takes alot of strength, tell you what do a comp and then come back and say you dont need strength, strength isnt just lifting weights you know its about having the stamina and power in your muscles to move you bike around. strength is useless without technique, but when technique is mastered the strength gives you the ability to move faster higher and further

I have done a comp befor. If you got someone really strong on bike, they're not going to be able to ride that much better. Obviously your need some sort of strength but i just don't think it matters. In fact it's probably more benifical to be weaker, less muscle mass so your lighter.

Someone really strong isn't going to improove faster than someone who is realitivly weak are they?

That's silly. Trials is mostly mental? Don't think so.

90% Technique

6% having the balls

4% strength

Of corse it depends on  the type of riding you do, but trials is mostly about technique.

Surely having the balls is mental.

You need to believe you can do something (or not kill yourself trying) to attempt it.

It's mostly technique until you have a move perfected then it's about strength.

I have done a comp befor. If you got someone really strong on bike, they're not going to be able to ride that much better. Obviously your need some sort of strength but i just don't think it matters. In fact it's probably more benifical to be weaker, less muscle mass so your lighter.

Someone really strong isn't going to improove faster than someone who is realitivly weak are they?

what you weigh is not important is you have the strength to make up for it, but the strength you have will help you to perform moves big