Khe Collapse Chain

<scruff>

To all that quick link posts back there: Why can't you just conect it up normaly?  :huh:

I dont have a chain tool to put the chain on properly if your read my previous post you'll see, I then would get a puncture and need to undo it again, then split it and re-join etc for me its easier to put a split link in and usually they suit fine, easy removal when needed and no need for a chain tool.

But they dont half go bang :ermm:

is a collapse chain thin enough to be used on gears?

i know theres the k810, but the collapse looks a bit beefier

i wouldnt have thought so.. mine rubbed the rear mech all the time and had to grind out the back of my middleburn bash some for it to sit properly. May be worth a try though..

I dont have a chain tool to put the chain on properly if your read my previous post you'll see, I then would get a puncture and need to undo it again, then split it and re-join etc for me its easier to put a split link in and usually they suit fine, easy removal when needed and no need for a chain tool.

But they dont half go bang  :ermm:

So how do you make the chain the right length to begin with?

So how do you make the chain the right length to begin with?

JT!, think for a f**king second, please. Breaking a chain is far easier to do and 'get right' than putting a chain back together. I've never had a problem breaking a chain, but splaying sideplates, mashign the ends of pins - it can happen when you try and join them. It's joining them that causes them to be weaker, so instead of trying to be 'clever' or whatever by pointing out he must have used a chain-breaker in the past, use your f**king head.

JT!, think for a f**king second, please.  Breaking a chain is far easier to do and 'get right' than putting a chain back together.  I've never had a problem breaking a chain, but splaying sideplates, mashign the ends of pins - it can happen when you try and join them.  It's joining them that causes them to be weaker, so instead of trying to be 'clever' or whatever by pointing out he must have used a chain-breaker in the past, use your f**king head.

Yup what he said, I have a snapped £5 chain tool, that is also handly threaded on the bit that requires force to put chains on, taking a link out when the chain is off my bike on a nice flat surface is just about do-able split link in jobs a good'un.

It doesn't fit the chain if it wasn't broken because the chains too wide, all the spacers are snapped so theres only the end block to push against making it impossible to fit a chain even slightly together, let alone safely.