Tension On My New Team :)

modrider666

Hi,

I have my new 05 team with rear profile, and im finding it very hard to get tension (Y) , At the minuite im running a fairly used kool chain and no chain tugs (yes i no this could be the problem i have no tension) but my gusset chaintugs will not go on the frame because of the dropouts. So at the minuite i am just having to pull my wheel back but this is causing my maguras to run very close to my tyres :blink:" .

Has anyone got any ideas please. I was thinking get a new chain, i was looking at the khe collapse chain or the shadow conspiracy chain (the one made up os half links), either file my gusset chain tugs to make them fit in my dropouts or get some try-all snail cam.

Thanks alot everyone.

p.s is it usual for a new profile to skip occasionly.

Thanks Peter

Hey Peter,

Yeah, it's fairly common for Profiles to skip when they're new. All the parts have got to bed in and stuff like that, so it takes a few rides to get it's shit together, really.

A new chain like the Collapse might sort you out. If you're running an old chain, it will have stretched and therefore a new one might fit a little better ('cos the wheel will be in a different place in the drop-outs).

I wouldn't really recommend the Shadow chain. They seem to stretch pretty quickly, so they're just not really worth the fairly high price tag.

Try filing the Gusset tugs down before wasting money on snail cams you might not need (Y)

Hey Peter,

Yeah, it's fairly common for Profiles to skip when they're new.  All the parts have got to bed in and stuff like that, so it takes a few rides to get it's shit together, really.

A new chain like the Collapse might sort you out.  If you're running an old chain, it will have stretched and therefore a new one might fit a little better ('cos the wheel will be in a different place in the drop-outs).

I wouldn't really recommend the Shadow chain.  They seem to stretch pretty quickly, so they're just not really worth the fairly high price tag.

Try filing the Gusset tugs down before wasting money on snail cams you might not need :blink:

(Y)"

yer, my profile was a bit skippy at first, soon settled down and has given me tons of reliable performance :blink:

On my 04 team, I just filed a rounded edge onto some onza tugs, and it sits in those and gives me perfect tension all the time.... if you do get a new chain, try and stretch it out a bit before putting the filed tugs on otherwise they will be hell to get on or you will file them down, the chain will stretch and you wont have the correct tension.

I just had one in the driveside while i was stretching out a new chain... then I could put the second one on and the tension was perfecto! (Y)