Broadband Upgrade

haydon_peter

look here for the offer

We currently pay £27.99 per month for an uncapped 512mb connection.

I rang up to complain that I would change providers if they did not upgrade us to a higher connection and got told to visit the website for an upgrade offer.

I can do is pay a one off fee of £20 to unlock the account to a 2mb connection then pay either of the following depending on what limit is wanted:

£17.99 for a 2gb limit

£22.99 for a 6gb limit

£27.99 for a 30gb limit

If I was to change I would obviously go with the 30gb limit and continue to pay £27.99.

So do I change to the 2mb and move to 30gb limit, do I stick with what I currently have, or do I start looking for another internet provider?

Stick.

NTL charge £17.99 for 1mb with a limit of 3gb. Yes, 3gb.

Until ukonline or bulldog become mass available and cheaper, there isn't much movement in the connection market.

EDIT: By stick, i mean the 30gb one for the same price.

Edited by Simon

looks like a good deal,

but it sounds like you got a bit of a bantering head on you sholders so don't settle for that. No company EVER likes to lose a customer so if you don't mind a bit of hagling give em another ring and say you ain;t prepared to pay £20 upgrade when other compnies (such as bt) do it for free.

You'd be suprised how much you can squeeze outta these companies if you try.

as an example:

my sisters boyfriend used to get a certain amount of free minutes with NTL and 512k internet. However his subscription was about to run out and he was about to leave for uni so he rang em up and said, unless you can cut me a deal he's stopping the services. So the guy went to see what he could do. He came back and said he could have 2mb internet, free minutes and ntl sky package for less money than he was currently paying, result or what.

but yeh anyway, you WANT 2mb (once you've had it you'll be like, "how did i ever survive on 512") and i';ve got a 30gb cap whihc i haven't noticed at all yet, (and we have 4 pcs and an xbox in constant use). Plus for £28 you can't go wrong. :angry:

Were currently on 8mb unlimited from bulldog at university and only paying £25 a month for it. We were old 2mb customers and they phoned us asking if we wanted 8mb for a fiver less. The only catch was you have to use there phone line instead of BT but at uni the phone never even gets used.

my sisters boyfriend used to get a certain amount of free minutes with NTL and 512k internet. However his subscription was about to run out and he was about to leave for uni so he rang em up and said, unless you can cut me a deal he's stopping the services. So the guy went to see what he could do. He came back and said he could have 2mb internet, free minutes and ntl sky package for less money than he was currently paying, result or what.

Yeah NTL are good like that; in our house in Cardiff we phoned up to cancel the 2mb internet as we were all moving out (some people moving back in for this year) and instead of cancelling it they said 'how about we just give you a free 2mb connection for a year?'. Yes please.

Probably cheaper to give the services away than send out a bloke to disconnect it all..

im on the same thing as tic.

if i go onto the 2mb with 30gig limit...is that alot???

my internet is never turned off, plus the connection is shared between me and my mum, who is the internet on her laptop for a few hours every nite.

i dont do much downloading, the occasional song here and there, and the occasionla vid.

On internet all i do is hust refresh trials-forum, lol dont go anywhere else.

but i do play xbox live a few few hours every day.

would this 30gig limit be enough??

some peeps getting mixed up with there connections and fast they download at :P

you download at kb/sec unless you got uber connection, if you downloaded at 250mb/sec then you would have OC225 or you would own your own satelite :D

you connection speed is by MBITS not bytes :)

3mb download at around 360kb/sec

2mb is 225 ish if i can remember rightly

1mb is 120

512/600k = 60-70

;)

huthut :)

Edited by John planet x

all my friends round ere from uni (total bout 15 diff houses) all got bulldog last year and a few this year and we have had no problems with them at all, its cheaper and extremly fast and never have any problems ....... but if u wanna listen to watchdog go for it :- u`d be a sucker if u did though haha

Stav