Hans Rey

plainlazy84

i live near some people who went to that comp - i didn't go becuz i had to freaking work!!!

they said he was a little rusty the first time around, but for the final round, he was smooth, all tech. no thing big, nothing fancy, but smooth and flowing.

he's also really friendly - he went down and had some breakfast with all the riders in the village, as if he wasn't some super star.

i wish i was there - that mans is a living legend.

cheers, juan

Never heard of the guy :">

He from canada or where? To me he looks french :ermm: (Y)

Anyways atleast the old guys are still doing what they love :P Keep the Shelterd sport rolling!

he's german blood. european!! came over to the us like in his twenties? he's an amazing rider. check out his site

http://www.hansrey.com/

the people that have heard of him, know that he's a legend. the people that don't (usually the younger/newer riders), dont' have a clue who he is.

Hans is a legend and probably more responsible for the success of trials than anyone else. He was the first to get trials into the public eye. The first to do it on mountain bikes. He has done things with trials no one else will ever do. Even at his ripe old age now, he has more passion for the sport than almost anyone else. He is a true ambassador for the sport, and if you have never heard of him, I suggest you look him up. Its vital that you do. He isnt Vincent Hermance or whoever, but Vincent probably owes as much to Hans as anyone else.

Sorry but how can you not know who Hans Rey is?? As someone mentioned, a legend!!!!

Thats like being into football and not knowing who Gazzer/Gary Liniker/George Best is...

Get some on the internet and learn a bit of history about our sport!

Bloody whipersnappers :)

Sorry but how can you not know who Hans Rey is?? As someone mentioned, a legend!!!!

Thats like being into football and not knowing who Gazzer/Gary Liniker/George Best is...

Get some on the internet and learn a bit of history about our sport!

Bloody whipersnappers :)

Sarcasm detector not detected.

He is a legend, turned me from XC to trials back in 1992. Met him the Malvern hills classic in 1993 where he left me to look after his blue mod whlie he rode off to sort something out, then again at Bicyclexpo in 1993 and got my piccy in MBUK with him, He gave me a free GT hat off the GT stand, I also got a free promotional GT video that was never for sale, and has even written to me from Laguna Beach!!!

I still have a Bell Image Helmet signed by him from 1993, Good on him for still competing and still being a normal guy.

The are alot of riders out there who think they are the best and above everyone! these should take a leaf from Hans.