Desktop Decorations

br3n

Im probably going to start creating some desktop wallpapers for a series im calling desktop decorations - no reason other than the fact i want to :)

This is the first in the series, I wanted to create something really choppy and abstract while still having interesting content.

I took the canadian emblem and chopped it up, moving, deleting resizing whatever i could really and added some "interest"

What you guys think?

br3n_dd1_1024.jpg

http://www.rideurban.info/br3n/dd/br3n_dd1_1024.jpg

br3n

Breasticles!

Very nice wallpaper indeed, however I personally find it's too messy around the area where icons and files would be, thus making it difficult to read the filename. This, however, may just be a simple preference of mine - this is how I have my desktop just now:

desktop5wz.th.jpg

Maybe if you made the split between the design and the blank area vertical instead of horizontal, I'd definitely consider making that my wallpaper of choice!

what is that picture actually meant to mean? it doesnt seem to have any focal point or subject :lol:

There was once this weirdo called Dali, used to paint the craziest f**king things ever, which people have never made any sense of. He's also regarded by many as one of the greatest artists of all time... (N)"

I like it br3n, its differnt but it works. Looking forward to see whats next. :unsure:

Rich

I know that pictures dont necessarily have to have a meaning but what i would regard as a good image would generally have a main item of focus or at least overall theme, this is completely random and messy, im not meaning to flame and its very well done, the boy has talent and all, i just dont think the final image is that great compared to what he could have made. i look forward to seeing the next done!

oh, and will there be larger versions as the link seems to be to a 1024x768 image - thats somewhat tiny for a wallpaper!

Each to their own :D Making graphics that have obvious meanings are boring, As i said I set out to create something choppy and random, something you have to really look at to see the fine details, But heh as i said each to their own...

Was thinking of doing something like this to create a wallpaper, Me and shriek did this last year.

http://www.rideurban.info/br3n_v4/images/mural/vs_shriek.htm

Its good working off others, you end up in random places ;)

rich_87, love the image man! i really don't like the typography though, looks awful - would be an amazing piece of design with the right typography. if it was constructed using a psd, try experimenting with the character options and different fonts.

it's sweet anyway

tom.

hello

i really like the image001 one.... but i agree with some other people that its maybe a bit too busy. Very impressive nonetheless and i expect it took a while....

i do, however i love your avatar... dont spose you've made anything like that in a desktop size? Having just got a new laptop for uni, i'm fairly short of good backgrounds.... *hint hint :)