Sticker Removal...

Mark W

Right.

Over the past few years, several bikes have gone through the Onzaboymark (s)hit parade.

How could we forget this?

DSCF0004.jpg

Or maybe even this?

Choppedbike0004.jpg

As you can see, I'm happy enough to be riding - even in public - on some of the gashest looking bikes ever to roll off the assembly line.

However, the stickers on my Zip have taken it one step too far (I love the frame, it's just those damn stickers (Y)).

Can anyone suggest any way I can get them off the frame without having to totally strip/spray the bike? They're laquered over, so I'm buggered for getting them off, but would I be able to just strip and respray those individual areas?

Thanks for any help,

Mark

on a vaguely related note. ..

anybody had any joy removing the 300 or so onza decals from a t-pro without destroying the lovely green anodising? i think they're painted on.

Yup, lightly rub some rough(ish) sandpaper on it, then wet and dry it :)

Worked for mine, but if you look closely you can see where the laquor gor snaded off too

Yer nitromorse and a good sanding actually makes the t-pros colour a lot nicer imo aswell as removing the stickers :)

id reccomend coovering the zona zip stickers with other sticks/armoured dildo mark thats what im doing :D

Got the beast now will post pics in your thread in a minute :">

u sure you only had that t-lite a month before u sold it to me :)

Hey Will, that was the T-Lite short I had before I had my first T-Pro. I got the T-Lite Long you had on June 1st, this year. That picture I took was on the 19th January 2004, a couple of days before I sold that T-Lite to someone like "Trialsguru" or something like that on here. So don't worry, your's was almost brand new.

Just one small point, removing decals removes identity. No identity, no warranty.

What is the warranty, if I may ask? I tried asking "The Representative" (he hates me putting his name on here :S) who I got it from what it was, but because you were away on holiday (I think?) at that point, he said he'd wait 'til you got back before he committed to it. Was just curious :D

Oh, and what's the state of play if I remove those stickers, but put some other ones on that say "Zona Zip" in their place? Or is it just that you'd lose the brand identity from the Zona Zip stickers on there at present?

One last thing - I DON'T want to put ZOO stickers on there! I'm not a huge fan of ZOO! decals at all, and I don't really want to pretend I've got a ZOO! when I haven't. It doesn't matter to me that people will think I've bought a "copy" or couldn't afford the "real thing". I don't care at all :S

Just a quick note to explain the warranty and the ethos behind our launch of the Zona range.

First of all you get a standard one year frame warranty against faulty workmanship or materials. As always this does not cover abuse or neglect.

Zona as a brand is an attempt to show that we can produce high quality frames at reasonable prices. There will be no point of sale material or catalogues, no advertising, no sponsorship or teams, no complete cycles, little in the way of research and development and no half price replacement warranty.Whilst we will not be directly copying other designs, we will borrow heavily from existing products on the market. There will always be our own little tweaks and changes. To talk about removing the stickers and replacing with Zoo stickers goes directly against what we are doing. By all means replace them with your own design of Zona Zip stickers but wear the name with pride, to show that you don't have to pay through the nose to get a quality product. We know that the frames will achieve their own respectability and stand up by their own quality.

We like to think that the Onza range has all of the above missing Zona factors but whilst generally more expensive, still always offer great value for money.

Just wait till you see the 26".

By all means replace them with your own design of Zona Zip stickers but wear the name with pride, to show that you don't have to pay through the nose to get a quality product. We know that the frames will achieve their own respectability and stand up by their own quality.

Yeah, I hope so too :unsure: Seems like an excellent frame, so I'm happy with it.

To talk about removing the stickers and replacing with Zoo stickers goes directly against what we are doing.

Just to clear that up too, I have never, ever said that I wanted to replace the Zona stickers with ZOO ones, and nor am I doing it to try and make people think I've just got a sprayed ZOO! or anything. The people round here are only impressed if it's got full suspension, 24 gears and has "CBR" down the side, so it's not like I'm out to impress...

so if i take them off and have some custom ones printed it won't void the warranty? how does that work?

Because people know it's still a Zona Zip, and it's still publicity for Zona/Supercycles, so they're getting a good deal out of it, if you get me? You're still spreading the word :D

Nitromors the whole frame and DO NOT use any abrasives on it or you'll loose that shine it has.

Peel off the stickers and then lacquer the frame again with some halfords car paint lacquer.

Sorted.

You could make some stickers larger than your current ones and stick them over?

I could, but they'd have to be fairly large. Also, I've got the painted one and it's got a relatively matt finish (not saying it IS matt, but it's not as shiny as, say, the ZOO! Pitbull or the Cousts were), so there's not much shine to lose.

Either way, I freaking love this frame, and I'm having too much fun just riding it to worry about fagging about with stickers any more.

360 bunnyhops learnt on it tonight ;)

Because people know it's still a Zona Zip, and it's still publicity for Zona/Supercycles, so they're getting a good deal out of it, if you get me? You're still spreading the word ;)
Bollocks to that, I'll buy a frame to ride it, not to be a f**king advert for supercycles. If some idiot wants to put Zoo! stickers on it, they can - There is no way that that should change the warrantee on the frame. In fact I would imagine that is pretty illegal.

If Onza (Sorry "Zona" :D ) wanted people to keep the stickers on there, they should have done a better job of not making them look shit.

Wow, angry post.