T-pro Or T-rex?

bullitt

i am new to trials, as have always been a downhill mountain biker, but am very keen to get envolved with the growing trials community, and you all seem to have lots of good advice for people, so what is the difference between mod and stock, and all the other names lol, and would a saracen mad 2-six hydraulic be any goos to start on? cheers!

i find stock bikes more hastle than mods, gears and derailers and gear shifters etc..

Hhmm, i personnally cant agree with that my self, i run single speed on dmr revolver hub with an acs, perfect and no hastle. Suppose if you had gears it might be hastle...

If you ever wanted to get into competitions and had a stock, you might have to have gears as part of the rules, but im not really into the comps, so i dont bother.

Its a pain when i want to ride anywhere though!

But yea, like others have said, try both! Good Luck!

Shall i go for a mod or a stock for a begginers bike?

If it helps i am 5 ft 11" and weigh 9 and a half stone.

I started out on a T-pro and found it fairly easy to learn on. However I know of some people who started riding on stock bikes and they improved just as quickly as I did.

At the end of the day it comes down to which one feels better when you ride it. Worth trying both a mod and a stock out if you can.

The T-pro is a great bike for starting out on. (Y)

i am new to trials, as have always been a downhill mountain biker, but am very keen to get envolved with the growing trials community, and you all seem to have lots of good advice for people, so what is the difference between mod and stock

a mod is a 20" wheel bike (19" wheel and 1" for the tyre i think) that, when you ride around town, people ask if you can grind anything on it (the fools).

a stock bike is a 26" bike and so resembles a mountain bike more closely.

• 3 weeks later...

Shall i go for a mod or a stock for a begginers bike?

If it helps i am 5 ft 11" and weigh 9 and a half stone.

Im 6'4 and had a go on my cousins onza mod a few years ago, it was awful, felt like a circus bike. Imagine Jeff Lenosky on a mod, just wouldnt look right. Some1 like JJ is not that tall and his style suits a mod down to the ground. Sumet to think about anyway.......Also you can get a half decent mod a bit cheaper too so you could always make a jump to stock after a few years if you felt like it

Edited by FLATOUTSTYLE

firstley, a couple of questions.

1. do you ride a bike at the moment, if so, what bike (you may have said this earlier in the thread :) )
  2. how much money do you have.
  3. what is your gut feeling at the moment.

i would say, from having a go on a mod and a stock. that stock felt nicer to me. that is why i am buying a stock very soon. mark (ozaboy) after having a go on a stock was tempted to swap his zip for one. enough said. :P

at the end of the day, its up to you. im sure whatever you get you'll have fun on it (Y)

me personally would say mod, i just started trialsing about a month or so ago and i got a mod. It a better bike to start off with and easy to learn on and lot easyier to chuck about in other words. But then you ould get a stock later after you learnt alot of stuff. :P

i'd say get a stock as then what ever you learn on that will be easy to do on a mod then youll be quality on both as i know mod and stock riders and the mod riders cant do anything on stock but stock can do everything better on a mod. youll prgress quicker aswell

I would start off on a mod if your small and not really strong as a mod will build up your muscles and are easier to learn on, but I think you can do more stuff on a stock as it's bigger and I've seen people on them go big.

But bikes are expensive and hard to keep really good as accidents happen thats what I might do but not sure yet though.

Hope I helped :P

Toby