Personal Statement

MikeSmith

But it also depends where you apply to as other people will have similar grades to you, they want to know why they should pick you over someone else but also it depends how early they get it so they can actually read your PS as to a late entry then they'll mostly look at your grades. Type Personal Statement Tips/sample on goole it comes up with stuff i did it awhile ago.

But basic guideline:

1. Why you want the choosen subject

2. Intrests/hobbies

3. Work Experince/ Vol work

4. Round it off

you have to put your grades your age what school you wer at and ur personal qualities.

so it would be like

my name is dixy normous i attended nipple cripple high where i gained 5 highers all at no mark in 2005 .............etc

i have done trials riding for (how many) years which proves i am determined and will always put 100% effort in as i have not given up yet, stuff like that

also if its for a job never say yeah or uh huh in an interveiw always say yes. no yep or uh hum but YES

PS IS important. Some people get into uni just from their PS/interview, so it's not like it "Doesn't matter".

Just justify everything. Break it down into academic, occupational, and personal, so you deal with seperate things in each. But yeah, justify it all - e.g. "Trials" justify it with "gives you confidence, lets you exercise, teaches your persistence and patience learning moves, gives you confidence to meet other people out on rides", etc.

get the appropriate grades and no one actually gives a f**k about the statement.

thats not actually true, if they have to choose between 2 candidates who are academically equal they use the personnal statement to help them judge which one of the candidates is a better person. They also use the personnal statement to be able to judge how much somebody actually wants to come to uni and how they may perform. what i mean is if you do a sh*t statement they are gonna think that you are a lazy person who only performs at the last minitue and will not perform throughout the year, where as if you write a decent one they may look and say 'oh look at this, this person has done this, this and this, they are interested in this course because, this looks like they have done some research for this' etc.

So the personnal statement is VERY important