Heres My Heavy Tools!

batesie

The point is this... the guy built the bike HE wants to ride. Too many people I'm sure just buy the longest lowest silver frame they can because they think it'll get them the highest tap or the biggest gap. Perhaps this guy wants to enjoy riding his bike. Perhaps that's why he rides his bike - for fun, not to prove a point.

It's like because you have a bicycle, the general public assume you should have a seat. You have a trials bike and the trials public assume it should be long and silver. Same psychology on two different levels. I get more than enough stick for having 2.5" rise bars on my bike - why? I chose the bars because I wanted them, and they make the bike comfortable to ride. Oh, so they might mean I can tap 2" lower than someone with flat bars - big deal, I want to have fun not inches.

And to summarise... look at the bikes people have ridden in trials history, not just Petr Kraus - I am a FIRM believer that ANY trials move can be learnt on ANY trials bike, including this Heavy Tools. Too many people use bike components to excuse/explain not being able to do something. Just get on with it - you can have the best set up in the world, but it's not going to get you up that wall.

Hope you have fun on the bike mate.

I think people forget that there would be no "new school" without the "old school".

I think that bike looks sweet. Maybe a longer stem for me then it would be spot on, but it does look fun to ride. Well done that man :huh:

I wish I could afford 2 bikes.

I cracked mine after 4 months got a replacement and did same within 2 weeks... bad frames :P

Was a learner too - so nothing harsh on it.

and that means skank....ive seen kids learning trials batter parts all over the shop.

nice bike...i think it looks pretty funky

:huh:

The point is this... the guy built the bike HE wants to ride. Too many people I'm sure just buy the longest lowest silver frame they can because they think it'll get them the highest tap or the biggest gap. Perhaps this guy wants to enjoy riding his bike. Perhaps that's why he rides his bike - for fun, not to prove a point.

It's like because you have a bicycle, the general public assume you should have a seat. You have a trials bike and the trials public assume it should be long and silver. Same psychology on two different levels. I get more than enough stick for having 2.5" rise bars on my bike - why? I chose the bars because I wanted them, and they make the bike comfortable to ride. Oh, so they might mean I can tap 2" lower than someone with flat bars - big deal, I want to have fun not inches.

And to summarise... look at the bikes people have ridden in trials history, not just Petr Kraus - I am a FIRM believer that ANY trials move can be learnt on ANY trials bike, including this Heavy Tools. Too many people use bike components to excuse/explain not being able to do something. Just get on with it - you can have the best set up in the world, but it's not going to get you up that wall.

Hope you have fun on the bike mate.

Completely agree! I remember those days of London Trials.. bring back the old days of the old skool bikes.. like the old 26mhz, super nice bike!

J.

Lets compare...

virginia.jpg

Ferrari%20F1%20Schumacher%20(2)-pt.jpg

People dont allways buya big shiny silver bike because its cool, they buy them because of advances in design making them a lot better... for example, a zoo pitbull is near enough indestructable whereas the heavytools has a serious weak spot around the bb...

Congratulations on the bars! again... I changed to brisa elite from azonic doublewalls for the extra length and the fact azonics dont suit a zoo...

Stop jumping on the "this is cool cos its different" bandwagon... Things have evolved for a good reason.

Some people still buy classic cars. The point is we all have a choice, and we can choose NOT to jump on the bandwagon. It all depends what you want to do - in the case of the cars you asked us to compare, well, I'd rather drive round the town centre in Gumdrop, but the Ferrari would suit better for a blast down the motorway.

Well done on the bars - I didn't like trials bars when I tried them. But then that's the point, there isn't any right or wrong way to set up your bike.

• 4 weeks later...

i don't really like it mate sorry.

the frame doesn't look right the way the front triangle is super large and the rear chainstay triangle has really thin tubing. it makes it look super weak. I also don't like the forks or the short stem, and the red bash ring looks kind of out of place.

but i can tell your happy with it and thats all that counts really isn't it? :P

i hope this one has a less attractive look to theives!