Eno (how Are They)

owthathurt

Mines been extremely good. I bought it because i couldnt afford a profile in the first place, but it has lasted me almost a year now and it still working great.

It skips every few weeks, but it doesnt really make any difference because of the great engagement.

My lock ring comes loose occasionally, but apart from that, i would definitly recommend it.

Fit and forget!

mine alright, skips sometimes, but is generally reliable, has nice engagement, altho doesnt feel uber quick and nasty like a king (even though it has the same ep?), id prefer a profile but meh i really cant be arsed to save for one as this works fine (Y)

personally i think id be just as happy with an acs, dont see the need for all these millions of engagement points :- but thats just my type of riding....

Mines been extremely good. I bought it because i couldnt afford a profile in the first place, but it has lasted me almost a year now and it still working great.

It skips every few weeks, but it doesnt really make any difference because of the great engagement.

My lock ring comes loose occasionally, but apart from that, i would definitly recommend it.

Fit and forget!

Just out of curiosity - have you stripped it properly yet? The sealed bearings ooze out grease after they've started being used, which means the pawls and springs don't move as quickly, so it's more prone to skipping.

mine alright, skips sometimes, but is generally reliable, has nice engagement, altho doesnt feel uber quick and nasty like a king (even though it has the same ep?), id prefer a profile but meh i really cant be arsed to save for one as this works fine :P

personally i think id be just as happy with an acs, dont see the need for all these millions of engagement points :( but thats just my type of riding....

Kings go on the back, so you've got 72*1.5 (18 divided by 12, assuming you're running mod ratio) = more than just 72 up front, so it would feel more instant.

I f**king loved my Eno. I didn't really notice just how good it was 'til I've been forced back onto a Claw today. Jeez, you seriously know and feel where the money goes after downgrading. My Claw's skipped 3 times tonight, once doing a gap (which was nice :-), and whereas when my Eno happened to skip (blue moon (Y)) it still gave you loads of power 'cos there was virtually instant solid engagement again, the Claw just takes too long to engage again so it kinda f**ks you up more.

Anyway, I'd really, really recommend my Eno. Can't wait 'til my new lockring gets here tomorrow so I can put it all back together again and ride on in happiness :P

Mark

Just out of curiosity - have you stripped it properly yet? The sealed bearings ooze out grease after they've started being used, which means the pawls and springs don't move as quickly, so it's more prone to skipping.

Yeah, about 3 months after i bought it. I havent recently due to the fact i cant get my cranks off, stupid threads are stripped and i dont like the hammer and wedge idea too much.

are they as easy as the claws to strip down what is the best grease to do will cv grease be ok